Finally got a couple of tunes on the net

jackrabbit

pulse width fay
Reaction score
You have some really nice n cheeky ideas going on in your tunes. A few points I would make about Deep connection are that some of the parts I feel need some environmental reverbs applied. Short decay reverbs that you don't really notice as an effect but which help to place a sound in a space. Angle Rocks defiantly is the more cheeky of the two and you have some good stuff going on in there but the kick needs work. Too much mid and not enough low to it. Apart from that you need to work on the general EQ of different parts and that comes with time but the tunes them self's are sounding fun.:ibiggrin:

~ j ~ said:
what instrument makes the very first noise in the chillout song?
The very first sound is from the absynth section of kontact1.5 library(not ripped of a prometheus tune)

Thanks for the coments psyfi, "angel rocks" was done last year. Got myself some proper monitors in the summer so all tunes where mixed again and there are the best two.
Glad to hear I havn't overdone the reverb which is quite comonly the case. Unfortunatly reverb is an afterthought as not happy with cubase reverb and any others max cpu out. Until I can afford logic I'll practice me eqing. :ismile:

Yeah reverb plugins with good alorythems do tend to push the CPU. Here is a link to a denotion ware reverb that I think is great. http://www.smartelectronix.com/~magnus/#effects Best to have just one or two opened on 1 or more FX channles and have sevarel tracks running through it rather than opening one up on each track. Also difarent parts of the tune will sound like they are in the same inviroment as apossed to everything having it's own reverb. Lot of other cool plugins on that site to P.S. the ambiance reverb plugin has a knob to controlle how CPU hungry it is.

Just had a listen to the chill out track and it's sounding really lovely! I agree with psyfi about a touch more reverb being needed, but I know what you mean about not overdoing it with the reverb too, as this is something I'm a bit guilty of I think...

Thanks for that. Brightened up my monday. If I get a chance I will open the project up again and experiment more with reverb.

Reverb used on both tracks are SE Ambience(on one its just on a single kick) and Anwida soft DX reverb light.

Had a listen to the trance track now, and there's definetly some nice sounds going on there! Some of it's not 100% my taste in trance, but it's definetly sounding well balanced and clear to my ears, and all the bits seem to flow together quite nicely. Some of the floaty synth sound melodies are realy great!

Back