First new tune on proper monitors ...Yay.

psyfi

Pie Fly
Reaction score
Right I've just gotten some Alesis Mk2s and this is the first tune I've done on them.
The trak is called Video Nasty and its kind of spoooooky:trippn:
http://www.psyfi.co.uk/music.htm

Please if you could would you let me know what you all think of the sounds production. Still getting use to haveing proper speakers and the novalty hasn't worn off at all.:dancey:

Drat Mafia

Total Member
Reaction score
heheh cool I have Alesis monitor 1s too, its nice to have same speakers to listen to someones stuff on (check out ticons last album...they have Alesis monitor1s too)

Nice weirdy track, very clean production, good separation between sounds. Kinda reminds me of old Infected mushroom, i.e the Gathering, and thats defintely not an insult :Smile3:

I'd say you could bring the bass and kick to the front a touch, to give it more definition but thats just me being anal :Smile3:

O and if you want me to be REALLY anal, normalise it closer to 0dB and give it a once over with T Racks, then its job done :Smile3:

Really good, it has lots of character :Smile3:

psyfi

Pie Fly
Reaction score
Cheers mate the bass n kick are my biggest conserns with these new monitors. If I bring the level up to sound good on my old speakers it sounds awfull on the Monitors. Just got to get me head down and learn um.

Drat Mafia

Total Member
Reaction score
ye the alesis handles bass a little strangely....not in a bad way, but it does ssound slightly different on most hi fi speakers. However, taking my last track in to play on some £15,000 Genelec speakers, it sounded pretty similar to the Alesis (well, as much as can be expected) so they are accurate at least.