Flexitones - Joyrider (Backroom Beats cd007) - Out Nov 21st

dreadeye

Forum Member
Reaction score
Get ready for the latest release from the Twisted sub-label - Backroom Beats...

bringing you... the Flexitones...

Merv Peppler from Eat Static and Will White from the Propellerheads have combined their skills to bring you a totally fresh vibe. Remember the 'decksanddrumsandrockandroll' album? How great was it? yep. pretty great... and how great are Eat Static? yep. pretty damn great too. So just imagine the implications...

the best thing is..................... it DELIVERS!

As the press release says, its like watching a seventies cop film in 'Technicolor' but with 21st century special Fx. Dolby NoiseReduction has become Dolby DHX 8.1 SurroundSound. There is a whole story in this album, good cop, bad cop, loadsa baddies, hot chicks in hot pants beside decadent L.A. mansion swimming pools, twists, turns, parties, and great stunts!

And now for the tunes....

It honks of proppellerheads... HUGE break beats, WOPPING phat basslines, mad scratchy bits and freestyle sampling make Will White's presence known. Jazzier and psychedelic elements must belong to Merv and the whole album glistens with a fine tech touch. Operatic swells, reminiscent of the Shirley Bassey collaboration on the The Prop's first album, sweep poignantlly across tunes... building great atmospheres throughout.

There is one track that sounds remarkably like our heroes/heroines from the album story have been spiked with something a bit strange and things get very drippy and squelchy..... very nice indeed... (we should probably thank Merv for that!)

The album is fully mixed and all the tunes flow into each other beautifully (like most Twisted artist albums) making this an ideal cd to put on after a hard night stomping but when your not quite ready to lie on the sofa... there is definately a bit of groove to be had out of this. This is the kind of music that will get the backroom bouncing!

officially out on the 21st Nov, a worthy addition to the Case Logic...its funky, clever, psychedelic, dynamic and involving but not distracting.

If I had to give it a mark out of ten, i'd give it..... 9/10... Its got things you haven't heard before... and its pretty damn refreshing all round. It would have to blow my mind to smithereens get 10. Only Shpongle 1 did that.

enjoy.......

hey this has been coming out since last year!

but have a good feeling:Smile3:

jamez_23 said:
he eh ..... cheers dude !!

Hope you are well man !!! :Smile3:

Cheers man! Am cool got some new tunage & am reading Good Omens so all good!:iwink:

Don't know about that smell though:ph34r:

liquid ross said:
errrr ... track 3 ...... something Cafe .... lovely track !! ... been soooo long now ivr forgotten the names of the tracks ... likes it liked it might have another listen .. it been a while :Wink3:

x
x

Some of us have to wait for release date :Wink3:

I've Been waiting for this for an age....

I think it was finished in 2003!!

More Merv Music, it has gotta be good!!

Yeah nice Pair of Mugs... :Wink3:

Hey dreadeye, do you reckon Twisted Shop will ever take Switch, I don't use Credit Cards, so I can never buy there!!

Back