flights to Thailand and Visa

Skenkl Mar 29, 2004

1. Skenkl

Skenkl Member

Threads:
    I am going to thailand in the summer, hopefully for three months. Has anyone found or know of anyplaces, websites where you can get cheap flights, STA travel have got them for 400 - 450 squid are there any cheaper ones out there.

Also, I know you can get a three month for thailand, but you have to send your passport off, anyone know where the embassy is!!

:Grin:

2. Lazytom

Lazytom imperialist running-dog

Threads:
    I got a cheap flight to BKK via Kuwait from Trailfinders.... you have to phone 'em up tho (no online booking service) clicky click

Don't bother with a 3 month visa. You get a 1 month visa on arrival, then the best thing to do is hop over the border (Cambodia or Malaysia) and back again at the end of each month. Thats what most people do... "visa runs". Its less hassle than applying for a 3 month one.

BUT - there are services which will send your passport to the border and get it stamped for you. This is illegal, but for a while the government didn't give a shit. However, some idiot Khao San road travel agent started forging the visa stamps... and as a result, travellers who didn't realise they were braking the law ended up in Bagkok's Immigration Detention Centre. Amnesty International have been trying to shut this place down for about 10 years.... so - even if "visa services" are well advertised... STEER CLEAR!!!

I'm off to BKK a week on tuesday... when you planning on going?

3. Skenkl

Skenkl Member

Threads:
    Yer I allready know about the dodgy visa runs from last time, there is no way i'd give my passport to someone anyway. Crossing the border to renew your boarder is all well and good but its a right hassle if your on somewhere like ko Phangan for example. But I found out that (I think) you send your passport to the embassy in Hull along with £30 and they send it back to you with a 3 month visa stamp, which is lush!!

How much was your flight, got offered one from STA Travel for about 400 -450squids wnated to see if I could beat that.

I'm off in mid July I think, no where near enough doe in the bank at the moment to realistically be going any sooner. Gonna take my case logic out with me a try and play some outdoor parties in Ko Phangan!!

How long planning to be out there for, be good to hook up with a fellow forumer for a couple of Chang Beers!! :Grin:

4. bex

bex Junior Members

Threads:
    :Smile3:

hello again; seen my bruv this a.m. ~ he was up @ 5 !!
    he got back to heathrow yesterday :wacko: & hasn't stopped yacking
    managed to watch 4 films on the flight !!! DVT alert aaggrrhhh.

don't think i can add any info for you;
    he paid more {£600 with Quantas} & said they were cool;
    good friendly staff, iced water, excellent veggie/vegan grub & snax.

he only stayed a coulpa nights either end of trip in Bangcock, spending
    most of his time in vietnam & cambodia, wants to go back already, but says Cam is really expensive & won't be able to afford it for another year or so

enjoy yer journeys & safe travels

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice