for folks sake

i know this is glib but has there ever been a bigger misjudgement than Vashti Bunyan giving up folk song writing in the 60s? Thankfully she returned after 30 years. But blimey!

Three hours of sleep since yesterday and I wake up with this as earworm. Random!

While I'm here, the new Laura Marling is perfectly listenable, but didn't blow my mind. This one raised a few goosebumps, however.

A few gems on the upcoming Revolutionary Army. Not sure I'd describe them as folk, strictly speaking, even if they do swing that way from time-to-time, more of an experimental mishmash, which might have been better suited to the Doesn't Fit thread overall (I know I've blurbed about them somewhere before, but can't remember if it was here/there/elsewhere, sorry).

Is grungefolk a thing?

https://josephinefostermusic.bandcamp.com/track/deathknell

Three hours of sleep since yesterday and I wake up with this as earworm. Random!

While I'm here, the new Laura Marling is perfectly listenable, but didn't blow my mind. This one raised a few goosebumps, however.

A few gems on the upcoming Revolutionary Army. Not sure I'd describe them as folk, strictly speaking, even if they do swing that way from time-to-time, more of an experimental mishmash, which might have been better suited to the Doesn't Fit thread overall (I know I've blurbed about them somewhere before, but can't remember if it was here/there/elsewhere, sorry).

Is grungefolk a thing?

https://josephinefostermusic.bandcamp.com/track/deathknell

Have you been stalking my Bandcamp page, or is this coincidence? :Drinks:

Both Laura and Revolutionary Army :Good2:

Both Laura and Revolutionary Army :Good2:
Ahhh! Yeah, I have been hangin' with the sistaz a fair bit since the isolation party, old faves and new stuff alike. Saw the new Revolutionary Army mentioned in a Bandcamp round-up recently, so that was a nice surprise - I had not thought about them in ages. What did you think of the Laura Marling, may I ask?

Meanwhile, another old fave - you have reminded me.*

*because we were discussing Michael Praed, so I dug out Crann Ull and Legend, haha

Whichever way you slice it, most things usually come back round to Clannad, one way or another. There's no escaping it.

Whichever way you slice it, most things usually come back round to Clannad, one way or another. There's no escaping it.

Circle of life, innit.

I'm just ashamed, appalled and embarrassed ....that it took me near 37 years of life to realise it.

What a waste.

A DAMN waste.

Back