Fragile Planet Records VA Planetary Exodus

The Mystic

Junior Members
Reaction score
Planetary Exodus, fragile planet records (FPRCDoo1)
Compiled by Dj Chris Planet, UK.

First release for this new UK based label, and a very fine debut it is!

1 Neuromotor – Fist Operator
Another good one from Fred! This track like the one on Peak-a-boo (lui gets his red wings) shows us that the Neuro master seems to be edging towards morning type atmospheres. Don’t get me wrong it still pounds away big time! Will do brilliantely at day-break!

2 Mr. Peculiar – Planetary Exodus
Tribal best describes this track in my opinion! Wicked percussions enticing you to slam your feet into the ground along with airy synths for the top part of your body!

3 Mino – Shifted
Tight bass line, sweeping synths, groove and sharp percussion sounds.

4 Psychoactive vs Legohead – 145 bpm
Good grooves, fat bass line, pumping, uplifting. My first experience of Legohead was at Rainbow Serpent last year, and a pleasant experience it was! As is this track!

5 Illusion of Self – hix
Samples from the 60th anniversary of LSD DVD? For sure that s a gold mine of wicked drug samples!
The bass line is a stormer, excellent sounds.

6 R.A.M.- Midnight Snacks
Yeah! This is totally my cup of tea! Fast, pounding psychedelia with loads of little psy sounds! A dust riser for sure!

7 Mr Peculiar – The Fatty
Well, the name says it all – faaaaaaaat bass & heavy percussions to accompany it along. Good grooves tearing out of the fatness.

8 Legohead – Snoozebutton
Rolling bass combined with crazy sequences make for a mental track! Hard and spacey all in one!

9 Safi Connection – eve
Large track with Shpongle influences as far as the voices go. It’s definitely got that open air feel to it although not really my style of sound.

A must for any serious psy collectors!

Nice review, although it does seem very similar to the one on isratrance :drinking: cheers though

Dunna worry Chris I've been meaning to review this for ages but just havent had the time to stick it all down in the nice review style format...I shall return!

Listening to this now actually...it is a fookin' blinder!!

Top drawer psychedelic mayhem with big fat driving basslines :punk:

Look forward to having you playing in September Chris :Grin:

:partysmi: :Grin:
Fantastic - just like early Tyssen Street days ...

Look forward to having you playing in September Chris :Grin:[/quote]

What Will Dogon is trying to say here is that Chris Planet is playing Stereo Chemistry @ Subway City, Birmingham on Friday 10th September...I'm looking forward to his set as well, cos if his dj set is along the same lines of the tunes on this compilation it'll be a joy of energetic, warped out tune driven proper psy trance that'll have you tied to the dancefloor.

This is a flippin lovely compilation. Just enough bonkers, but bonkers with a purpose. :Wink3:

Standout tune for sheer relentless rock-solid bonkers - R.A.M - 'Midnight Snacks.' A damager for sure :punk:

Highlight for me is Mr Peculiar's return to form. I was really blown away by 'Elements' but haven't heard him do stuff of that quality on various other comps - until this (and the Syncrosect DVD). Dude has got his sound quality much improved too.

Just to be an even handed reviewer, I will add that the Aled Jones samples in Safi Connections track prove that you really can't get away with *anything* - Oi! Safi! Noooo!

More of this sort of thing!

Back