Inside the zone, spontaneous demonstrations, even by a lone protester,
will be banned.

Police will be able to set stringent conditions on those who apply
in advance, such as a halfhour time limit and a ban on placards and
loudhailers. Anyone who fails to comply will face arrest. Critics
denounced the measure as a heavy-handed attack on free speech."

Hugs,

Barclay

That makes me really mad....................

I've fought wars and campaigns for this country and on behalf of the U.N to preserve the notion alive in my mind that many of our forefathers died for freedom of speech. I thought thats what WW 2 was all about.

Thats what I wanted to do...........................that makes me sad.........................i feel very nieve

"freedom" - a strange concept defined as follows

a) The capacity to exercise choice; free will: We have the freedom to do as we please all afternoon.
b) The condition of being free of restraints.
c) Liberty of the person from slavery, detention, or oppression.
d) Political independence.
e) Exemption from the arbitrary exercise of authority in the performance of a specific action; civil liberty: freedom of assembly.

now banned for your own safety and the safety of others

Who's safety?

Let's be honest. If terrorists really wanted to target the UK, they could do so - no problem.

How about a bomb on the Bristol to Paddington train during the rush hour? Ring any bells?
Or, how about a bomb on one of the supports for The Westway in London?
Or, even a hackers attack on the MOD computer systems. (it can be done - the Yanks have been working on it for years.)

So, whose safety are we talking about here?

And where are all these terrorists? Surely not the poor sods now illegally the subject of detention orders? A more rag tag bunch it's hard to imagine.

So why are the govt doing it? God knows the situation was far worse when the IRA was active on the mainland.

There can be only possible explanation. It suits their purpose to try to frighten people...

What low lifes! My sig has rarely been more pertinent :-

"Those who would sacrifice our much cherished civil liberties in the name of safety deserve neither."

Hugs,

Barclay

hooray niw i feel really chinese with all my democratic 'freedoms' and now we have our very own equivalent to tiannamen square - whoopie

next week lets go and build a statue of liberty and get squashed by an errant challenger battle tank - if they aren't all in iraq that is

Barclay (Dark Angel) said:
Who's safety?

Let's be honest. If terrorists really wanted to target the UK, they could do so - no problem.

How about a bomb on the Bristol to Paddington train during the rush hour? Ring any bells?
Or, how about a bomb on one of the supports for The Westway in London?
Or, even a hackers attack on the MOD computer systems. (it can be done - the Yanks have been working on it for years.)

So, whose safety are we talking about here?

And where are all these terrorists? Surely not the poor sods now illegally the subject of detention orders? A more rag tag bunch it's hard to imagine.

So why are the govt doing it? God knows the situation was far worse when the IRA was active on the mainland.

There can be only possible explanation. It suits their purpose to try to frighten people...

What low lifes! My sig has rarely been more pertinent :-

"Those who would sacrifice our much cherished civil liberties in the name of safety deserve neither."

Hugs,

Barclay

aaah its just about control. like biometric ID cards, GPS tracking of cars, tracing of mobiles, DNA tesing/fingerprinting, house arrest legislation blah blah.... like everything else its about putting in place "emergency" legislation to "protect" people. its just 1984 coming true and the rational behind it is the same as any military junta/coup/corporate. its not for anyones "safety" but thats what its sold as.

essentially its the world going down the shitter

its like living inside a prison with masses of ridiculous rules. I was thinkiing tuther day that we are as restricted in this country as if we were slaves with our movements, actions, beliefs controlled. We should all converge on parliament and hold a 20,000 strong demonstration to demonstrate against not being able to demonsrate anymore...huh

Jacks

Time to start building a gravestone for democracy, and of course working out where we're actually allowed to put it. Better make it a small one, if there's more than 20 people needed to carry it we're f*cked.

Arrgghhhhhhh Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhh F'ing Argghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Christ, give me someone to hit!

Preferably that lunatic evangelist, Blair....

Hugs,

Barclay

Barclay (Dark Angel) said:
Arrgghhhhhhh Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhh F'ing Argghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Christ, give me someone to hit!

Preferably that lunatic evangelist, Blair....

Hugs,

Barclay

I have a really big stick you can borrow if you want........mind you he might enjoy it....bet you it wouldn't stop him grinning though

Biggins2012 said:
think its down to about 10ppl now.............

...........or 3ppl with an intent to do sumfink.....

Right, that's it .. next election day when there's a group of them standing around in the street I'm calling the police :Wink3:

seems reasonable........shame we can't have stalkers follwoing the politicians and when they have there "lahdeedah" gatherings and stuff...we can fone the police and get the OB down to shut it down...

...or at least get our monies worth from our taxes

dave arc-i said:
hooray niw i feel really chinese with all my democratic 'freedoms' and now we have our very own equivalent to tiannamen square - whoopie

next week lets go and build a statue of liberty and get squashed by an errant challenger battle tank - if they aren't all in iraq that is

And i quote on good authority....................In Iraq...............if any of em fuckin work that is

Biggins2012 said:
seems reasonable........shame we can't have stalkers follwoing the politicians and when they have there "lahdeedah" gatherings and stuff...we can fone the police and get the OB down to shut it down...

...or at least get our monies worth from our taxes

Isn't it. There's no reason people should be banned from gathering in numbers to protest against political decisions when politicians can gather in numbers to discuss them.
How many people were there in the house of lords again? :Wink3:

Back