From the Twisted news mail:

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
this made me laugh:

In last months competition we asked people to name as many of Simon Posfords pseudonyms as they possibly could. This had a great response and we would like to say how impressed we were that so many of you bothered to look through all your CD's! For those people who slyly copied and pasted the whole lot off Discogs.com without even changing the order or trying to figure out which ones they missed then I'm afraid there is not a lot of hope for you. The right answers are all the ones on Discogs plus a few more. Among those extras were Doof, Slinky Wizard, Scuba, Space-tribe, Infinity Project, Crystal Poet, Dragonfly & Aon. Things like the Alan Parsons Project, Total Eclipse, Ozrich Tentacles and Space Cat don't count because he was either 'featuring' or 'remixing'. These do not count as being pseudonyms.

The prize should have been won by Soren Ragsdale who spent weeks looking up every single pseudonym (saving us a bit of time!) and plotting their histories on graphs and and making spider diagrams showing how they were all related and basically putting the rest of you to shame! However, he won a prize a couple of months ago so we're not going to give it to him. So, our winner for January, is.....

Jimmy Westerberg!

Doof? .. wtf?

Doof is Nick Barber, how can that be justified as a Posford Pseudonymn? I know the 2 of them wrote the first track on Lets Turn On, but thts about it as far as cd credits go.
Please clarify.

i didn't write this, so i don't know why i am bothering to clarify it; but obviously what they were asking for is every pseudonym he has ever had a track published under. if he is aknowledged on the writing credits under the name of a certain act, then that counts as a pseudonym. which is fair enough.

lurk said:
i didn't write this, so i don't know why i am bothering to clarify it; but obviously what they were asking for is every pseudonym he has ever had a track published under. if he is aknowledged on the writing credits under the name of a certain act, then that counts as a pseudonym. which is fair enough.

Yes I gathered it was from the Twisted site :Smile3:

My point is n the Doof CD, track 1 is written by Nick Barber & Simon Posford, all other tracks written by Nick Barber. The CD has a picture of Nick, and Doof is Nick. I just don't get how Doof is a Simon Posford pseudo.

:Smile3:

o well

It's like what they (Twisted) said. Posford co wrote a track on a Alan Parsons Project album (Return To Tunguska) , yet one of his pseudos is not APP. Hehe so I dont get how they can say Doof is.

:irofl:

and the point being?

lurk said:
no no, this thread was only created to illustrate that you don't get anywhere by being anal.

:Wink3:
tell that to abi titmuss

Back