Gaudi - Bass, Sweat & Tears

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Reaction score
what in tintern abbey are you talking about?
Gaudi

Bass, Sweat & Tears

Interchill (Canada)

I think I’ve found my new going-to-sleep-album. Do you have a going-to-sleep-album? I can just about think back to previous going-to-sleep-albums I’ve had; Fila Brazilia, Massive Attack (great choices) and a girl I met from Sydney had Jack Johnson as hers (another great choice). What I’m trying to say, through the medium of inane drivel, is that this album is special. Not just because it’s Gaudi’s fifth. Not just because there are forty two musicians from the world and dub music circles playing on this album. And not just because it took three and a half years of traveling the world to record it. Nope. The thing is, there’s so much spirit grained through his album; it’s like it’s permeated with this benevolence, this cheese-free optimism and general positivity at the state of the planet (or if not its state, then a celebration of its diversity and artistry). Anyway the point is, it works. The chanting and pace of Sufani is a sheer delight, and percussive runs of Ayahuasca Deep Fall are nothing short of staggering (especially when turned up loud), while Tutta pe’me and …And The Esrth Said: Oh My God are staggering showcases of completely different vocals, point in completely different directions, but somehow seem to make the same point: that of a joyously creative planet. Gaudi has an innate feeling for dub, thus tracks have a tendency to leave rich, soaking bass pouring out of your speakers. It’s like a breath of fresh air this, really. There’s no pretensions to chilled-trance credibility, no mimicry, no desperate attempt to elongate one or two of the tracks; in fact, one gets the rare feeling listening to this, that Gaudi had to cut out more tracks than he left in, a real testament to the quality and artistry that’s gone into this. One word of warning is that your girlfriend or even your mum may end up nicking this. It’s also incredibly involved, exquisitely-crafted, one hundred percent quality. This is simply one of the best dub/world music albums I have ever heard, and for which the word “chill†is almost an insult.

http://www.psyreviews.com

i've just spotted that gaudi's playing at PsyDMT on Nov 20th, assuming this is a freebie gig then it could be pretty much essential...

i'm all over this album like sarah jessica parker lookalikes over a psytrance reviewer :P

Yep, Saturday the 20th of November at the Psy DMT is going to be the official launch party for this amazing album :smokingr:

and after everyone off to the Mass for Symbiosis!!!

damion said:
I think I’ve found my new going-to-sleep-album. Do you have a going-to-sleep-album?

Healer ... albums one and two .. these cannot be beaten for go to sleep music ... but Gaudi eh ? wow this is a great album... still listening to it at the moment so maybe the last track or two will surprize me yet!
I think this is the nice mid-morning for me this album, while your body it still trying to pull the sun from behing the cloads and you're thinkin about another dose of coffee ...
have caught Gaudi live few times and have always been impressed, great stuff it's all on a cd now :Smile3:

xx

13 / 15 (so far..)

Does it come with a scratch and sniff card to really sample the quality of the sweat he has put into it, sorry I'll stop being stupid now. (goes back to sensible mode) :Grin:

geoffwiffen said:
Does it come with a scratch and sniff card to really sample the quality of the sweat he has put into it, sorry I'll stop being stupid now. (goes back to sensible mode) :Grin:

tryed scratching the blue sticker ... sticky but not sweaty, and think my smell gone for some reason ... (*ross looks for bass next ..* )

xx

YES, I agree
Bass, Sweat & Tears is a gr8 album.
,... ..even my woofers are happy!

I think Gaudi will perform at the megaparty in Alexandra Palace, does anyone knows if it is true? cheers

Andy "Psychexplorer"

Thanks for positive words on Bass, Sweat & Tears... which is now available pre release on www.interchill.com, from Nov 15th via Arabesque and shortly thereafter on iTunes and other fine online musical services.

Here are a few dates when you can hear Gaudi in London ...

20 November London, Psy. Dream Temple - Gaudi Live PA / DJ set

21 November London, Abney Hall - Gaudi DJ set - Yogabeats

04 th December London, Alexandra Palace, Paradise city - Gaudi live PA

GAUDI "Bass, Sweat & Tears"

.....this album really explores the future of music production!... Top quality mix of organic & electronica.
F.M.I

OFFICIAL TOP 10 chill/dub tunes 2004

OFFICIAL TOP 10 CHILL-DUB TUNES 2004 by:
Big Chill FM, Skywave Radio, Radio Avalon, Radio Reverb, Clive Craske.
---

Gaudi "Dub It" from album "Bass, Sweat & Tears" (Interchill Records)

Blade "Reflection" (691 Influential)

Lemon Jelly "Stay With You" (XL)

Lunz "Reinterpretations" EP (Gronland)

Monte Cristo "Revelation Five" (D)

Ashley Slater “Private Sunshine (Radio Sunshine Mix)†from the Various “This Is Afro Art†LP (Afro Art)

Pinknruby"Ama" from the "The Vast Astonishment" LP (Prikosnovenie)

Ericke "Ya Don't Stop" (Little Mountain)

Laub “Wake Up (Gonzales Remix)†from the "Team Kitty-Yo" LP (Kitty-Yo)

Jah Wobble “How Much Are They? (The Glimmers Remix)" from the "Remixed, Re-Edited and Fucked Up" LP (Eskimo)

uueeehhhh!

congratulation Mr Gaudi!!!!!!!! .....No.1!!!

great album!

:sun: very very happy! .....

rox

I can hardly believes my ears.
I got this in the post yesterday, and was literally pinned to the couch listening to it.
It's an amazing, beautiful piece of work that sounds fan-fucking-tastic.

:sun:

That's all there is to it.

Essential beef.

GAUDI "Bass, Sweat & Tears"

Oh my God, this album is awsome!
For me it is one of the best dub-world album EVER!
...I know, it is a big statement to say something like this,......but seriously, if you have the chance, listen to it...and judge it yourself.
Linus :trippn:

Back