Record Label Genki Music

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
4
Location
what in tintern abbey are you talking about?
http://www.genkimusic.com

One rainy day in downtown Soho, whilst watching spliffs, smoking Wild Turkey and drinking porn of questionable quality, Dale and Damion came up with a plan to get really really rich.

The idea was to set up an online website which looked like a panty machine selling the 'soiled' panties of Japanese 'schoolgirls.' The site would look just like the now world famous panty machines in Tokyo and use royalty free images to sell panties soiled with olive oil to horny people worldwide at over inflated prices.

Due to unforeseen issues with the panties being classified as 'foodstuffs,' the online panty machine didn't quite work out, so they decided to start a music label in their quest to get really really rich (whilst continuing to play online poker), and Genki Music was born.

The word "Genki" translates as "mad" or "insane", a reflection of the label's target audience and their mindstate, or lack thereof.

The music policy, because you have to have one, was decided by throwing scrabble tiles into mud and seeing which letters stuck themselves in vertically. The music promises to be inventive, funky, interesting, electronic, challenging, cat, perineum and "xthgteed".

It is surely only a matter of time now until both Damion and Dale get really really rich. They have already both taken out massive loans in anticipation of this and bought penthouses in New York, Paris, and London.

You are welcome to come and visit if you are a coke dealer, a high-class escort, or both.

1.jpg
6.jpg
4.jpg


Sign up at the website (free, no verification, and takes about 10 seconds) for artist demo's and access to more cool stuff than you can shake your wang at.

First release scheduled late 2006, second scheduled early 2007, demo's welcome if they're any good.
 

MonasticSquid

Psychedelic Samurai
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
TrancePike Lane
damion said:
http://www.genkimusic.com

The word "Genki" translates as "mad" or "insane", a reflection of the label's target audience and their mindstate, or lack thereof.


QUOTE]

dude... without sounding like a 'smart ass'..... that is so far away from being 'accurate' that I needed to say something......

Genki.... (being made up of two words... GEN = fundamental, origin, base or primary ..... and KI = energy... as in Reiki)

anyone who is around Japanese people will hear this phraze all the time.... as in..
"genki?"
"genki desu yo... anata wa?"

meaning... "how are ya?" .. "im fine how are you?"

It also has the meaning of "healthy", "in good health" or "energetic"


:Grin: hehe... so im afraid the translation of 'GENKI MUSIC' would be "Healthy Music" or "Energetic Music" or perhaps even "Well~Spirited Music"
 

rcorlett

bob
Messages
1,283
Reaction score
0
Location
essex
their samples sound like gabba on a cassette player that is running out of batteries

i could imagine dancing to it slowly though. would be nice between something really stomping
 

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
4
Location
what in tintern abbey are you talking about?
the music isn't made for essex people. also i note you are 22, maybe come back when you know something. i hear there's a special on Jon 00 Fleming mixes at Asda -- get in quick.


@ monastic squid -- thanks for the clarification. the definition came to me about third hand from someone! the music will be anything but well-spirited though :Wink3:
 

Dale

Junior Members
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne, Australia
MonasticSquid said:
dude... without sounding like a 'smart ass'..... that is so far away from being 'accurate' that I needed to say something......

Genki.... (being made up of two words... GEN = fundamental, origin, base or primary ..... and KI = energy... as in Reiki)

anyone who is around Japanese people will hear this phraze all the time.... as in..
"genki?"
"genki desu yo... anata wa?"

meaning... "how are ya?" .. "im fine how are you?"

It also has the meaning of "healthy", "in good health" or "energetic"


:Grin: hehe... so im afraid the translation of 'GENKI MUSIC' would be "Healthy Music" or "Energetic Music" or perhaps even "Well~Spirited Music"

Nah Genki means 'insane.' Or 'crazy.'
i am pretty sure 'how are you?' in Japanese is just 'How are you?'
 

rcorlett

bob
Messages
1,283
Reaction score
0
Location
essex
damion said:
the music isn't made for essex people. also i note you are 22, maybe come back when you know something. i hear there's a special on Jon 00 Fleming mixes at Asda -- get in quick.


@ monastic squid -- thanks for the clarification. the definition came to me about third hand from someone! the music will be anything but well-spirited though :Wink3:

:irazz:

i'm not saying i dont like it
 

MonasticSquid

Psychedelic Samurai
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
TrancePike Lane
Dale said:
Nah Genki means 'insane.' Or 'crazy.'
i am pretty sure 'how are you?' in Japanese is just 'How are you?'


... yup.... u could be right there Dale.....or ...............you could be "a flamin Bogun from Collingwood"!?!?!? :Grin:
 
Top