gettin around goa

sickpiggy Dec 15, 2004

1. sickpiggy

sickpiggy Junior Members

Threads:
    heard the bestest and cheapest way to get about goa was by motorbike, but i don't have a liscence or anythin like that...are you likely to get stopped and asked for your papers? what are the consequences? and the alternatives? thanks

2. Full Lotus

Full Lotus Hob Nob King Staff Member

Threads:
    Varies from cop to cop, sometimes you can come to an 'arrangement' if you are stopped.

3. System error

System error Junior Members

Threads:
    dont worry about it dude. if it makes u feel better get an intertatiohnal drivers permit about a fiver, but u really dont need one, if u do get stopped, they couldnt give a shit wat papers u pull out they just wanna try to backsheesh u . MOst times if u take the piss a bit and dont act all scared traveller like, they just wave u on, and wait for more happless victem to come along and shit there pants and hand over traveller cheques lol..... most ppl i see dont stop,,hehe juast plough though them on their bikes

word of warning stay away from tvs motorbikes

they r crap utter pedal power shite

best tripping bike i found was the kinetics, good for acid riding bouncy and light no cunfusing gear changes after 23 hours stomping at party
    :Smile3: have fun m8

4. lurk

lurk Stunning Cunt

Threads:
    unless you want up paying loads of money for rickshaw type things or taxis, they're the only way of getting round goa :Wink3:

yeah, go for a kinetic, you're much less likely to get stopped on them anyway. when i was there the police were mainly after all the macho israelis on their enfields :Wink3:

5. duff beer dragon

duff beer dragon Junior Members

Threads:
    Taxis were great value, back in 1996 anyway.

I can't believe anyone would go on a scooter or bike thingy tripping. Fuck! First time I got a chance on a bike thingy at all was in Goa and I took hold of the handlebars and then it ran away for about 100 yards, then fell over, and I felt terrible for scratching some cool looking scooter's paintwork.

Give me a car every time. Preferably for me to drive.

Back on topic tho' - taxis should get you anywhere you want, they do long journey's too - Bombay, Dharmasala......just don't freak out if you have to remind them a few times where you are wanting to go.

6. System error

System error Junior Members

Threads:
    nsnana if u dont get a motor bike man, u missed out, taxi painj in the arse, bike = freedom ! :Wink3:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice