Getting A Bit Concerned 'bout British Labels

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
G'day

Can anyone shed any light on the state of of Twisted & Liquidsounddesign?? Im gettin' a bit worried that these labels are about to fold. What gives me this impression is cd releases that are seemingly taking forever to release or are on hold, for some reason.

Waiting to get this cd by KUBA as their track on the compi Satori is fine..... not to mention the SUNS OF ARQA album, both advertised gurt yonks ago, but seemingly little information. As for Twisted.... well I saw the Twisted swf flash html (PSYTRANCE IS DEAD. TWISTED KILLED IT) which I godda say scared the shit outa me when I first saw it.

Do I take then that my favourite, supported labels are going down??? God I hope not. Someone please enlighten me.

Froggy

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
I heard Twisted got a bit stuffed when there Distributor went broke, and had loadsa stock.... Only a rumour I heard though whisper_whisper....

But haven't you noticed that Twisted don't actually release the CDs anymore....
Solstice Music Japan www.solstice23.com are releasing all of Twisted CDs now...
and they don't get a twst001 catalouge number but a solmcd001 or solwcd001 cataloge number...

Flexitones (Merv Eat Static and Will White Propeller Heads) is next on the Solstice Release Schedule...

The best UK Trance available in Japan first!! Its a funny old world init!!

I think the Dragonfly Releases will come out, but you gotta look long term!! :Wink3:

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
geoffwiffen said:
I heard Twisted got a bit stuffed when there Distributor went broke, and had loadsa stock.... Only a rumour I heard though whisper_whisper....

But haven't you noticed that Twisted don't actually release the CDs anymore....
Solstice Music Japan www.solstice23.com are releasing all of Twisted CDs now...
and they don't get a twst001 catalouge number but a solmcd001 or solwcd001 cataloge number...

Flexitones (Merv Eat Static and Will White Propeller Heads) is next on the Solstice Release Schedule...

The best UK Trance available in Japan first!! Its a funny old world init!!

I think the Dragonfly Releases will come out, but you gotta look long term!! :Wink3:

Ah yes but as I understand it Japan has always had its own distribution zone, like USA/Canada and Europe have this. i.e Mother Records is a Japanese label that releases Bjorks records in Japan, simply becouse its not in One Little Indians' best intrests to ship this sorta quantity to Japan. As for Solstice, well I guess the market in Japan is a little stronger? Ive not heard any rumours tho about Twisted's distribution co. Its godda be said that Im gettin a bit sad about the whole thing.

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
If you look at the UK release of Shpongle Nothing Lasts CD, it is still released by Solstice Music, Solstice are Releasing Twisted Products Worldwide!!! and I can't see the Solstice Ship Sinking so don't worry too much about Twisted. :Wink3:

Jason Frog

Reaction score
Twisted's old distributor went bankrupt a few years ago owing them money. Twisted survived. They have got a new distro, 'SRD', and are still putting out CDs & Vinyl on their own label, e.g. Shpongle 'Nothing Lasts' is TWSLP28 & TWSCD28. Might be a label party soon too!
(afaik Flexitones album will no longer be released on Twisted/Backroom Beats)

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
Jason Frog said:
Twisted's old distributor went bankrupt a few years ago owing them money. Twisted survived. They have got a new distro, 'SRD', and are still putting out CDs & Vinyl on their own label, e.g. Shpongle 'Nothing Lasts' is TWSLP28 & TWSCD28. Might be a label party soon too!
(afaik Flexitones album will no longer be released on Twisted/Backroom Beats)
Ah i know Souther Records Dist. I hope Twisted get back the money owed them. I was a bit concerned as I lost contact with Mr Holton. Any news on Liquidsounddesign??? May have to start sending a few emails.

Ozric

Hoofaloof
Reaction score
Flexitones eh? Been waiting that for ages!
Hope all is good though! :Smile3:

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Not sure about twisted - but think you may be right to be worried about LSD.. doesnt seem to be looking too healthy.. spose it was always run as a bit of a Youth side project - and I *presume* he's got enough cash from his producing activities... still, I wish they'd get their arse in gear and release at least one or two CDs on their schedule....

nik

Reaction score
bit concerned about the title of your thread mate. there's nothing wrong with British labels at the moment in fact there are many new labels pushing some really good music at the moment. Wild Things, Ambivalent, Organic, Pukka Music, Fragile Planet and now another new label Phar Psyde - they are all releasing music at the moment.
just because Twisted screwed it up dosent mean everyone else is screwed. I havent seen that SWF myself but whoever did it is seemingly suffering from a severe case of being way too far up ones own arse if you ask me.

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Reaction score
what in tintern abbey are you talking about?
twisted aren't fucked. flexitones album will be released november 21st on backroom beats... lot later than hoped but better late than never and all that

Crispy

Fried for too long
Reaction score
Stop panicking people
I spoke to Loz (Kuba) the other day and his album will be released soon (Have heard it and its absolutely amazing!!!!! He has a really innovative sound that i think peeps are gonna completely spoon over!!!) and apparently LSD is set to make a comeback.
Also, i hear talk of new albums from Tristan, Metal Sharron and Younger brother are in the pipeline
+ a Twisted party in Feb 2006.
Tis alllll GooooooD! :Smile3:

mad ron

Reaction score
LSD will continue to release cds. They have a few lined up for this year but the schedule will be less rigourous. Twisted have loads of stuff coming up and are healthy as ever after recovering from the distributor nonsense.

Fear not!
henry (Kamaflage)

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
mad ron said:
LSD will continue to release cds. They have a few lined up for this year but the schedule will be less rigourous. Twisted have loads of stuff coming up and are healthy as ever after recovering from the distributor nonsense.

Fear not!
henry (Kamaflage)
wot about dragonfly and kamaflage? :Smile3:

youth's psy album was supposed to be out ages ago.

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
lurk said:
wot about dragonfly and kamaflage? :Smile3:

youth's psy album was supposed to be out ages ago.
Hey Lurk check Chaos out, I got the New Youth Psy album in the post yesterday!! :Wink3:

Its a Bit Hit and Miss, but there are a few gems on there!! :Wink3:

I like the ones with Antidote, Pogo and Abakus.... But not some of the guitar ones, bit 2 Dimensional!!