Getting VST Plugins to register

Biggins Jul 2, 2004

1. Biggins

Biggins Cake Or Death

Threads:
    i've got me hands on a couple of VSTi to install on my version of Cubase. I've copied the files across and put the .dll files in the right place but some of em aren't registering when i fire up Cubase. Can anyoine tell me why please? Is there some form of "config" thing i have to run?

cheers
    B

2. JPsychodelicacy

JPsychodelicacy Studio Elf

Threads:
    Which ones and where?

Some plugins you do have to run an installer... Oh, and if you're using other Steinberg stuff, it may be pointing to another 'VstPlugins' directory.

J.

3. Biggins

Biggins Cake Or Death

Threads:
    yeah i saw that there were two vst plugin folders and tried the files/folders in both.

hang on...*roots around in steinberg folders*. the programme in question is absynth which i've got as a folder and a separate .dll (if that makes sense). it is *cough*borrowed*cough* so maybe that is where the problem lies and version i have isn't complete.

4. soliptic

soliptic whirling mathematician

Threads:
    cheap and cheerful vsts will frequently install just by dragging the dll into the folder

more complex ones (especially those with additional datafiles and so on, and most payware ones, which like to make registry entries for registration etc) prefer to be installed like any other windows software (eg "setup.exe") and wont work just by copying.

if you dont have the installer - ask your friend to, er, borrow it again? :lol1:

5. JPsychodelicacy

JPsychodelicacy Studio Elf

Threads:
    As I recall, Absynth requires an installer, and is a bit of a tricky customer when it comes to *coffCOFFcoff!*.

J.

6. Biggins

Biggins Cake Or Death

Threads:
    k, fanx ppls..will look into it :Smile3:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice