Gilli's Smyth of Gong's space echo on e-bay

sqoo

˙˙˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ǝlʞɔıʇ ɹɯ
Reaction score
For any of Gonghead musicians out there I received an email from Gong related mailing list today:
Gilli Smyth (of Gong and Mother Gong), is selling her Roland Space Echo, faithful companion through the recordings and gigs of the 7O's and 8O's. This is to pay the fare to Europe in September/October, to do some gigs with various friends, including the Unconvention in Glastonbury, and Poetry Festival in Deia, and to find a place to live in Europe, which is really home. The Roland has been overhauled and thoroughly polished, and is in mint condition, except for a historic hole in the plastic view meter above the red, made by Gilli ages ago in order to see, as the window sometimes fogged up in gigs. It will be replaced by a new window if required. It is signed by Gilli, and Daevid Allen also.
I think it sad that she is selling but ...

sqoo

˙˙˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ǝlʞɔıʇ ɹɯ
Reaction score
oops this should prolly be moved to music section!!!

sqoo

˙˙˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ǝlʞɔıʇ ɹɯ
Reaction score
For Gilli's space whisper has always been the thing I liked least ...

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
JPsychodelicacy said:
Well, Arv? I'll chip in a tenner! :Wink3:

J.
What am I going to do with a Space Echo unit? Do I look like a member from Hawkwind/Gong etc?? OK, I used to look like one, but with modern technology these days, do I need one of these?? Maybe for that 'warm' 70's analogue sound... :Grin:

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
full_lotus said:
What am I going to do with a Space Echo unit? Do I look like a member from Hawkwind/Gong etc?? OK, I used to look like one, but with modern technology these days, do I need one of these?? Maybe for that 'warm' 70's analogue sound... :Grin:
Boy are you full of contradictions all of a sudden... :Wink3:

You're right though - I'll leave the analogue gear collecting to the pros with the money. My plugins and Line6 DL-4 will have to do. :Grin:

J.