Go Bio diesel!!!

earthtriber

Forum Member
Reaction score
Below is a pic of my Van gave her new paint job for this year..........
she is a mobile studio for my art. I travel all over painting murals and uv backdrops

Shes been running on Bio diesel for over a year NO PROBLEM I get it from a place called.

Global Commodities UK Ltd

They are based in Norfolk near in a village called Shipdham...... No enginbe conversion just pour it in/ pour diesel in if you run out/ Its cheaper than diesel/ runs longer/ WAY cleaner emmissions/ cleans your engine/ smells like linseed
all in all almost too good to be true.. :irofl:

heres a fun fact for you, the diesel engine was originally invented to run on peanut oil......... diesel came along later as a by product of petrol:iwink:

The only thing is in the cold winter it has no anti freeze and can wax up so i mix it 50/50 with diesel and then no worries and still way less emmissions
some links:

http://www.greenfuels.co.uk/

www.globeco.co.uk/

www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php

\/ \/ \/google search\/ \/ \/

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=biodiesel+forum&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

100_0564.jpg

George Monbiot is playing devils advocate here. Bio-diesel is far better for the environment than mineral diesel, end of story.
It would be surprising if petrochemical companies didn't get some research published that damages the bio-diesel industry. That said palm oil bio-diesel is an environmental disaster, however it is very rare in the UK.

I looked into it and found that one acre of crop e.g rape seed oil produces over 140 gallons of fuel........ seems pretty good

most countrys have farmers subsidised to grow nothing........

OK interesting article I will read thorughly and get back to you

as for now when then invent wheels that run on opptermisum Ill be in the front of the cue....... and i cant wait!!!:ibiggrin:

also White Dog do you have a car and what do you run on? and what is the best option? very intersting as for now I would have to recommend it untill there too many users. well we are a long way from that problem right now so lets hope we dont choke before we croke............

Tombo said:
George Monbiot is playing devils advocate here.
i guess that is also what i am doing... :Smile3:

Tombo said:
Bio-diesel is far better for the environment than mineral diesel, end of story.
hmmm... how so?

i'd say that it depends where the bio-diesel originates....

Tombo said:
That said palm oil bio-diesel is an environmental disaster, however it is very rare in the UK.
Environmental distaster - Yup!
Rare in the UK - Is it? Do you have figures to support that? i can't seem to find any...
Please correct me if i am wrong, as i might well be. :Smile3:

earthtriber said:
also White Dog do you have a car and what do you run on? and what is the best option?
i'm afraid i have a nasty petrol car.
My point was that bio-diesel only really makes sense if it is made from either recycled oil or locally grown crops.
Do you know where yours comes from?
Is it all from recycled chip oil?

*edited*

this is the ultimate source of info for bio diesel I found yet http://forums.biodieselnow.com/default.asp they got it going on there how to make your own and every science detail that exists

as for my local company they get it from chip shops and from local fields they produce 40,000 litres a day and can,t make it quick enough

I also remember there is a great crew near brighton who do car conversions for no profit
search the nett i can,t remeber there name but there on there

I saw not so long ago that the Japanese had produced a low emmission car to do with cow urine? details i dont know look it up.

anyhow I refused to own any car till I meet these guys in the australian desert called the Lab Rats that made their own and got payed by fish and chip shops to take the oiol away!!! Legends and they inspired me so when i got back last year took a bit of research and now I got it going on To and i love it Eventually I will grow my own fuel too....

whitedog said:
Nice van, but where does your bio-diesel originate from?
http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2005/12/06/worse-than-fossil-fuel/

well I had a good read of this article last night

a few points i'd like to make firstly his headline is harsh very harsh I can understand that bio diesel may well lead to destruction of palms around the world But to say " That Worse Than Fossil Fuel" is shocking way to write about it because half way through the article he then starts to say it is way better ?!?!?

and then starts to express that the palms are in danger of corpperations wishing to make massive profit from minimal expense!!!!!!!!!:icry: <<< this is the reason we are in this mess to begin with!!??? but that headline is lame. look at the news papers everyone reads to keep to thier diets of mild depression

BUGGER IT

At the end of the day he struck me as someone with not a lot to say and an unpleasent way to say it typical of our entire promblem here really and could be so frustraighting if I could take any of this stuff seriously any more..........:ismile:

life too short i do what I can smile paint and try to not pay it any attension any more

P.s I'm not having a go at you bro just trying to see through his mist:ismile:

Well from what i understand.. burining any anything which is only effecting the current carbon cycle is considered a sustanable fuel source..
bio diesel (mainly rape seed oil or palm oil) is by nomeans clean burning.. the carbon chains being broken down during combustion are of similar length to regular deisel..
but the importance of using such fuels is that its only "using" our current carbon cycle.. not one frim 250000 years ago..
but it cannot be a sustainable fuel for the future, because if suddenly "everyone" was using "bio-fuel" it would cause the most fertile (and often poorest[eg BRAZIL]) countries to compramise conservation of their rainforests .. to grow/produce palm oil.. and thus causing a bigger problem than the original one...
but thats just somthing i heard...
and nothing changes over night..,

.. so what im saying is..er
im drunk and going to bed

The whole point is that in Asia and South America, rainforest IS being stripped to plant oil palms.
Our government have failed to ban imported palm-oil diesel, hence it is important to ensure that if you use bio-diesel, it comes from local, truly sustainable, sources.
It is that simple.

whitedog said:
if you use bio-diesel, it comes from local, truly sustainable, sources.
It is that simple.

if................. it should be when! and it should be this year pls am choking out here...

I dont say it often but it does kind of irrtate me that people need to be told by governthingermetype's do something really important

oh well i suppose we are f...............d then

back to laughing for me :irofl: :irofl: what else can be done?

Agent Smith said:
and nothing changes over night..,

you know I am not having a go at you dan,

I think its little saying's like this that just need to be tweaked, and that funny enough may change the whole problem.........

we got to be wise with our words and sometimes remember how powerful they are:iyes:

Palm oil plantations are one of the biggest (along with soya) threats to rainforests - and the EU is currently making it hard for EU farmers to make rapeseed (or any other stuff suitable for bio diesel) collectives - they're supposed to only use biodiesel they produce themselves, not allowed to buy it off other local farmers.

Although the EU wants to use biodiesel, they are planning to import it from places where its growing is a threat to the rainforest in tankers run on regular diesel.

The article I read was in France, though presumably the same rules apply to the whole of the EU?

I think that biodiesel should be used as a fuel, but I'm slightly dubious when you don't know where it comes from - I don't especially want to use a fuel that is responsable for rainforest destruction.

(regular oil is responsable for rainfores destruction too though..)

earthtriber said:
you know I am not having a go at you dan,

I think its little saying's like this that just need to be tweaked, and that funny enough may change the whole problem.........

we got to be wise with our words and sometimes remember how powerful they are:iyes:
Hey Simon, you've got a point there.. its people's collective attitude and behaviour that changes things.. and that saying can only really serve to restrict peoples initiative.
But realisticly it does have to introduced at a manageable rate, for the reasons above about developing countries' rainforest.
:goodthre:

so basically if we could encorage farming of it in this country and also awarness of the palm and rainforest destruction then we are on to a absolute WINNER:icool: :irofl:

VERY incoraging I think

P.s when it comes to the protection of rainforest then I am first in the cue!!!

I spent 5 fantastic years living in the rainforest.... Far Northeast Queensland which is where I developed my art....
WALL.jpg

and enviroment is what I am all about hence the Biodiesel from the right source.....

so come crew lets get those eco rides cruising this summer

peace

NICE!! really love the van, and the fact that it runs on biodiesel just adds to its beeauty

hemp diesel...hemp having high oil content

Back