Going To Goa

zerovanity Apr 7, 2004

1. zerovanity

zerovanity Junior Members

Threads:
    Hi there all. Im planning on going to go to Goa in December for about three months. I want to rent a place for the whole time im there and use it as a base for travelling. I have not been able to find nay places on the net for renting a flat / house near the beach. Can anyone give me some info. E-mail me zerovanity@hotmail.com. Also let me know if you are planning on going about the same time. Maybe we could rent together.

2. Full Lotus

Full Lotus Hob Nob King Staff Member

Threads:
    Possibly the worst time to go in terms of booking flights and finding accomodation :no: Maybe try South Goa, as the North will be rammed full of party people, tourists etc. You would need to speak to local people anyway about renting houses/flats etc. You could try Chapora in North Goa, I managed to find a house there in Dec 95 when I went, and that was peak season :Wink3: You could try contacting the Jolly Jolly Lester in Vagator, a nice family run guest house with separate rooms and attached shower/toilet. It's not on the beach. You may find some beach huts run by some of the beach side cafes. Good luck :Smile3: :peace:

3. zerovanity

zerovanity Junior Members

Threads:
    Im not too worried about getting a flight at the moment i have a crazy plan to get me there. Im thinking of getting a train to Moscow then going down from there through Tibet and nepal and into India. A marathon trip but its all in the spirit of adventure. I expect that will take a few weeks, but its something different. Cheers for the advise. Keep the info coming. Also is there anywhere where not to sound too stupid but where parties are happening but not in big touristy places. Im trying to tap into the oldskool vibe a few years too late.

4. Full Lotus

Full Lotus Hob Nob King Staff Member

Threads:
    OK, go to Vagator and check out the Primrose cafe. Ask anyone where it is. You'll find plenty of party heads there and it's a good place to start. You could try the Shore bar in Anjuna, but it's usually very busy in the evenings. Primrose stays open until 2 am ish. The 'Nine Bar' (great name) is another place to check out in Vagator to try and get some info. There's even parties there.The parties are centred around Vagator and Anjuna, although sometimes if there's cop 'problems' they move. Check out Big and Little Vagator beach, Little Vagator is where the freaks normally hang out. Another place is the Flea market in Anjuna. Held every Wednesday I think, but then it has been 5 years since I was last in Goa..... :peace:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice