good hotel in the dam?

golfsg60 Feb 18, 2004

1. golfsg60

golfsg60 Junior Members

Threads:
    i need to find a good hotel in the dam. i dont trust anyone who says theyre any sort of agent! i need some good cafes and its to be near the vango' museum. anyone whos been and enjoyed themselves please help me. i am the novice.

ps not to dingy the missus is coming.

2. Continuum

Continuum Throb Farmer

Threads:
    Hotel Prinzengracht is halfway down the left side of prinzengracht and it pretty clean and reasonable. I've stayed there three times and its ok, but they do expect you to check out at midday which can be awkward in the Dam...

3. StealthSyst3ms

StealthSyst3ms Senior Member

Threads:
    hello.... stayed in a few nice ones around the 'Dam square'region....hMmm not sure on names but i'll get back to you on that m'old......
    learn the trams and the feet don't hurt as much''' :wacko:

4. lurk

lurk Stunning Cunt

Threads:
    try the Flying Pig Hostel, you can get double rooms, it's right next to the vondelpark and only a 5 min walk from the van gogh museum; if you google it you should be able to find the website. there are two of them though, the one near central station ain't nearly so nice :Smile3:

5. generaljoe

generaljoe Member

Threads:
    Or Hotel Hoksbergen on Spuistraat is friendly and they also have affordable apartments that sleep 4 just round the corner. Near the Grey Area coffeeshop too...

6. golfsg60

golfsg60 Junior Members

Threads:
    the pig hostel huh. sound lovely. il give it a go. how much is a tram pass. is it worth it for a long weekend? my missus want to see the sights or else were off to verona so close to vincent v as possible would be good. as long as theres a cafe to take the kids (me) too, really close. she cant carry me everywere :runsmile:

7. angelica

angelica Guest

The Amstel Botel is the place. I've stayed there 5 times and love it. Its a purpose built floating hotel a few minutes form Central Station and near enough to all the cafes to stagger back from at the end of the night. Conscious Dreams is a great little shop/cafe good music and loads of srooms to sample plus they'll give you details of any parties that are on. Have a graet time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice