Gran Turismo 4 Kicks

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
046txt.gif

solmc-046.jpg

Some of the worlds best stump up some original tracks,
for Gran Turismo 4.
(So they can use it as an excuse to play playstation and evaluate there tracks instead of working in the studio)

01. THE ANTIDOTE - BULLET
02. HALLUCINOGEN - BUBBLE'N TWEAK
03. X-DREAM - MOVE AND PROCEED
04. ETNICA - CHECKER FLAG
05. QUADRA - BACK ON TRACK
06. KOXBOX - INSIDE EVERY MAN
- (THERE'S A MACHINE WAITING TO COME OUT)
07. EAT STATIC - DREAM SNATCHER
08. ALIEN vs THE CAT - THE RACE
09. THE ANTIDOTE vs SYNTHETIC - MOON OVER THE CASTLE (GT'S THEME-LONG Remix)

Wanna hear Hallucinogens Bubble and Squeak, first proper solo track for a good while...

Koxbox, oh yes, deep quality...

Eat Static, always need more static interference.

Although Alien vs Cat could easily be left, and Etnica are probably not worth listening too (still fresh from Damions review)

Thats why Deedrah and Alien Project have delayed so long the tracks for my new compilation LOL

Cant wait to hear this one though i am not big fun of racing games.

Coming on Solstice Music...

So like most good things probably out in Japan Tomorrow\Day after...
Or in the UK\Europe in about 3 Months!!!

this is a game.... they've done the music for it...

um...

shit. i think the world's lost it.

pity its not colin mcrae rally, you could have all that trance then with the welsh navigator popping up thirty left to crest to right thirty or something

or how about Grand Theft Auto: Tyssen Street jesus

could mean troubles in the bubbles or it could mean bubbles in the troubles

only time can tell

guess what folks... i've just got it. Its interesting... probably not what you're expecting. Think typical computer game music with a psytrance twist.

By the way... any of you get a copy of Championship Manager 5 when it comes out will be listening to the talents of myself (plus members of my other company Zap Music) tantalising your ears while you set your teams up and all those hours away!

im not really into gaming ... are all those tracks played during the game or is iit just a kinda promotional cd for the game?

I'm liking the thinking behind this. It's a sort of logical progression for the energetic psytrance sound... from high octane dancefloors to high octane race-sims. Always was a fan of GT back in the day, so might invest in this when it's out.

An added bonus is the distribution of this sort of game exceeds what a lot of the best Psy-compilations would expect (although I would expect the Organic / Tsunami effort to be pretty far reaching). That combined with the fact that it's a smeg load harder to copy a PS2 (or is it PS3 - I've lost track!) game than it is to rip a mate's CD under the pretence of 'borrowing it for a quick listen'. Sad but true in some cases :sad:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear this isn't the only psy-infiltration of the games market! Maybe it's time I invested in a games console! :o

I'd like to hear Hallucinogen do the music for Zelda or Mario Kart - now that would really rock - rather than the overly macho and blokey GTA :runsmile:

Lucid Dragon said:
im not really into gaming ... are all those tracks played during the game or is iit just a kinda promotional cd for the game?

Both.

And purpleproject, I'm with you fully on that one. Anyway as I said, the GT CD was really not that much. If I didnt know the artists that were on the Cd I wouldnt be able to distinguish it from any other
'testosterone' game music I'd heard recently.

I think its only a game like Zelda <goes misty eyed thinking about the awesomely epic 'wind waker' and waits eagerly for the follow-up> where artists like this could really shine. Maybe also something like Metroid, something atmospheric and alien-ish

But, as you say Pricey, it is a bit of worthy exposure and the console version certainly will reach alot more places than a psy CD normally would. I just wonder how many people will think "wow! this music is utterly awesome, I must try and find out if these guys I've never heard of have written anything else". Probably not. Like I said, it doesnt reeeeeeally stand out that much from any other game music... but, having been in this position myself, I can imagine that they probably had extremely little say over how the end result could sound.

mmm...
yep better check this out.
but most of the people dont really notice who the artists are in a game...
anyway it happens a lot to have psytrance tunes in world-wide products.
remember a track by GMS recently in that movie...whatsitcalled?...the one when there's a big rave in a building in Mexico or Brazil and they blow everything up and the people carry on dancing! see what I mean?
anyway...erm yay!
must check this psy computer game music!

moonquake that was man on fire, awesome film!

years ago i used to play a game called swiv 3d (weird name i know hehe) and it had a really crazy theme tune which i thought was fantastic but it never occured to me to find out if it was released. anyway a year or so later i got into psytrance and the theme tune from swiv 3d turns out to be snakey shaker from the lone deranger!

definately agree with chris organic, theres much more of a computer game feel to this comp, which suits obviously cos thats what its for but i cant get into it too much, unless im gaming, perhaps im just to critical, etnica and quadra tunes are my favourite tho!!

i havent liked a compilation so much for sooooooooo long it's awesome
gonna have some serious fun leaping around to these tunes!
it;s un melodic and un gay and so un generic but un scratchy
love it

I can't wait to hear these futuristic tunes VERY loud!!!! (please god can someone actually play some of them!)

Could anything really beat the old Wipeout soundtracks with Orbital, FSOL, Leftfiels ect ect? But I will but this soundtrack as well. Have heard some of the tracks, and I love them.

Back