Greenspan gets his mits on the UK

sqoo

˙˙˙ƃuoɹʍ ǝuoƃ ǝlʞɔıʇ ɹɯ
Reaction score
Whaddya recon this is all about then?

Greenspan signs up to UK Treasury

_41281134_greenspan203_ap.jpg

Former US central bank chief Alan Greenspan has agreed to become an honorary adviser to the UK Treasury.
The announcement by Chancellor Gordon Brown comes less than seven hours after Mr Greenspan's near 19-year tenure as Federal Reserve chairman ended.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4669778.stm

So American business now gets a regular voice and seat at the table of the UK Treasury, helping to guide us best in what's good for them. Don't think I like it at all really. :Sad:

What the f@ck has Bliar actually gained for us through all his bending over and offering our arses up to Dubya and his cronies? Don't seem like much really, but funnily enough they seem to be getting it all.

Stinks of summat doesnt it?????

What the f@ck has Bliar actually gained for us through all his bending over and offering our arses up to Dubya and his cronies? Don't seem like much really, but funnily enough they seem to be getting it all.

I guess its coz the Parliamentary parties aint really in control of this country (or for that matter quite a few of Amerika's so called close allies) so it doesnt matter if he gets shafted along the way

Well he helped the US get a credit rating of about $2,200,000,000,000 which is how much extra they owe the rest of the world since wee Georgie took over. So he might be able to get us a loan ...

sqoo said:
Stinks of summat doesnt it?????

I guess its coz the Parliamentary parties aint really in control of this country (or for that matter quite a few of Amerika's so called close allies) so it doesnt matter if he gets shafted along the way

I don't care if Bliar gets shafted along the way, strike that, I would care and I'd like to see it happen. It's more about the way that he's shafting us, by allowing this to happen in the first place.

FFS the guy has just set himself up as a 'consultancy' business, read lobbyist, for American business and our chancellor Gordon Brownose (with Bliars permission or on his orders, I'd love to know which) jumps up and gives him an unpaid 'advisory'seat on our Treasury. Surely there's likely to be huge conflicts of interest here, sorry, I meant to say huge brown envelopes passing. They made such a deal of getting rid of lobbyists from the corridors of power in this country, but then they invite them in and give them a seat if they're from our strategic partner.

Makes me want to be sick!

I meant he has prolly had his arm bent to do this by the real powers that be and he aint got no input

well, its all yhe same corruption worldwide, afterall, have you seen what Wolfowitz has been up to at the world bank, he even eployed a crony as the director of organisational integrity, the cheeky fukka

Back