Greetings from Greece

tazz

Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello guys , greeting from Greece.
I am Tasos (Tazz). A lover of psy music for more than 10 years. New in music production. Curently exploring modular synthesis :Read:
I like many psy genres but usualy prefer to listen to darkpsy and forestpsy (150-170 BPM).
Also a member of Pslyand Web Radio's team in Greece.

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, welcome aboard. Quite a few dark psy and forest fans around here :Smile3:

PsycheDanic

PS: Why music? Dot, code... Ott, you 'k?
Reaction score
thank you guys :Grin:
anyone been in Greece before?

Yep - Hesperus Gathering last September. Really enjoyed the festival itself, but had some difficulty afterwards (my friends on this forum came to my aid, for which I am eternally thankful), haha. Music, people, decor and location were utterly spot on, though!

Welcome, BTW, to this epicos forumos! It's so nice to have a psy community outside of Facebook and social media where we can communicate. :Heart: Used to be a super busy forum back in the day - was our main form of communication before social media took over. It was super, super quiet for many years, but then - by chance - it became more active again juuuuust before the pandemic hit the UK. :Smile3:

tazz

Forum Member
Reaction score
Yep - Hesperus Gathering last September. Really enjoyed the festival itself, but had some difficulty afterwards (my friends on this forum came to my aid, for which I am eternally thankful), haha. Music, people, decor and location were utterly spot on, though!

Welcome, BTW, to this epicos forumos! It's so nice to have a psy community outside of Facebook and social media where we can communicate. :Heart: Used to be a super busy forum back in the day - was our main form of communication before social media took over. It was super, super quiet for many years, but then - by chance - it became more active again juuuuust before the pandemic hit the UK. :Smile3:
wooow it was a nice high bpm fest dude. the psy scene has been upgraded in Greece the last 2-3 years. We had 2-3 fests every summer and this year we already have 11 anounced! Powerfull sound systems everywhere, much better organized events(food, camping, showers, even health center and playground with social worker to take care kids) and what I love the most is the 3Dvisuals added in every festival nowdays. Sotols_art here in Greece is a great artist in visuals. He performs in many fests in Europe too. I think he was also in hesperus this september.
I think that the forum is active again because the psy scene has been revived and has also been "accepted" by more people as a music scene. I dont know if this was happening in other countries, but here, a few years ago you couldnt share freely that you listen to psytrance and go to psy fests. You would be marked as weird drug addict( even by guys that take drugs every week in clubs 😂) or a crazy guy that talks with dark spirits. Also spirituality presented in a different way than cristianity was not accepted and was criticized. It is much much better today. Even older people have accepted the psy community.

Linguolabial Plosive

Tiresome Inquisitor
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hey tazz, a bit late to the party but welcome aboard! This is a very cool forum, lots of interesting people and it's a much nicer environment than a lot of forums on the internet these days.
Always enjoy meeting another dark/forest fan!
@Lois, it's hard to define precisely, but to me it's say, 145-170bpm, single-note KBBB basslines, lots of granular/FM synths-- it's more focused on texture than melody and the overall idea is creating atmosphere, essentially writing the soundtrack to an alien forest and focusing on long, progressive tracks.
The first I album I was shown was Para Halu's The World of Peace:

but my favourite by far, is Atriohm & Encephalopaticys' Ukalen: