Greetings from Oxford

ClosetHippy

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hi people,

Big hello from me. Been into psy for a few years, and DJin it for about 3.
Attend ToF quite regularly and have been a few antiworld bashes. Only just heard about this site, so I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself.

Peace. Out.

brij said:
welcome to the forum ClosetHippy, if you are living in oxford I guess we'll see you at baraka on the 13th :drinking:

I would be up for that, but I'm really skint this month. Been to Baraka once before (Last NYE), and been meaning to go again.
Hopefully sometime soon. :Smile3:

oOemmaOo said:
hello :welcome: to this friendly place!! Pull up a cushion n get comfy :smokingr:

heh heh....big scary lion eh :lol:

Well, hello there Emma! Did you like my sig?
You know, you know who I am really! Think about it. I'm from Oxford, into my psy, DJ (or attempt to DJ). I even went to Boom with you. :Wink3:
Small world eh mate?

The Phonographist said:
Word up fellow Oxfordian. :smoke:

Yeah, hi there! Welcome to Oxford! There's quite a few of us psy-forumers here...

FlameBoy

wow!
there are a few peeps from the Oxford area.

I'm gonna have to start going to Baraka a bit more. Rude not to really, as its so close.
To be honest Oxford clubs have always put me off due to the crap opening times. I take it Baraka is the only local psy night?

Theres one called Planet Plank that runs occasionally as well.

The last one was a couple of weeks ago. Its a little less full-on than Baraka but still a lovely vibe. :smoke:

The Phonographist said:
Theres one called Planet Plank that runs occasionally as well.

The last one was a couple of weeks ago. Its a little less full-on than Baraka but still a lovely vibe. :smoke:

I didn't know that. Where abouts do they put their parties on?
And to think I've been partyin most of the time in London and Bristol cause I didn't think there was much on locally...tut! :Smile3:

ClosetHippy said:
wow!
there are a few peeps from the Oxford area.

I actually live in Abingdon (8 miles south of Oxford), but never go out there!

ClosetHippy said:
I'm gonna have to start going to Baraka a bit more. Rude not to really, as its so close.
To be honest Oxford clubs have always put me off due to the crap opening times.

Baraka goes on until 3am, which is an hour later than many nights in Oxford

hth

FB

FlameBoy said:

yeh me too! :Grin: Well, Sugworth Lane, just over the A34 flyover.
Haha! Would you admit going out here though if you did? Stickies man, bangin. Chuckle. :Smile3:

FlameBoy said:
Baraka goes on until 3am, which is an hour later than many nights in Oxford

Yeh, I think it used to finish earlier? Maybe the council is getting softer. Be ideal if it was 6am though. Wonder why they dont grant later licenses?

ClosetHippy said:
FlameBoy said:

yeh me too! :Grin: Well, Sugworth Lane, just over the A34 flyover.
Haha! Would you admit going out here though if you did? Stickies man, bangin. Chuckle. :Smile3:

Well there's always the joys of Strattons <shudder>

ClosetHippy said:
FlameBoy said:
"]Baraka goes on until 3am, which is an hour later than many nights in Oxford

Yeh, I think it used to finish earlier? Maybe the council is getting softer. Be ideal if it was 6am though. Wonder why they dont grant later licenses?

I only went on until 2am (quite) a while back

FB

ClosetHippy said:
Flameboy said:

yeh me too!

abingdon must be packed full of psy fans in that case then, cause I met someone fitting that bill only last night in the cellar - wasn't you by chance was it ClosetHippy?

Flameboy said:
Well there's always the joys of Strattons <shudder>
Could be worse. I used to live on pembroke street, next to bar med. a full year of hearing drunk people chanting 'heyyyyy baaaaby' every single night nearly drove me to insanity... :?

Wicked, just what we need in Oxford, another bloody hippy :Wink3: Welcome to you wardrobe dweller. Do come to Baraka if you can its full of lovely people and havin' it music. :clubjump:

Planet Plank is on tonight(11th) I think.

monster said:
Wicked, just what we need in Oxford, another bloody hippy :Wink3: Welcome to you wardrobe dweller. Do come to Baraka if you can its full of lovely people and havin' it music. :clubjump:

Planet Plank is on tonight(11th) I think.

Is it? I've heard nothing about this, they need to improve their publicity if it is on tonight, I've not see a single poster or flyer. A web search for "Planet Plank" doesn't bring up any useful information either...

FlameBoy

I think they probably rely mostly on word-of-(forgetful hippies)-mouth.

Its in the Globe on Cowley Road downstairs.

The Phonographist said:
I think they probably rely mostly on word-of-(forgetful hippies)-mouth.

I see... I'm amazed they bring in enough money to keep going!

The Phonographist said:
Its in the Globe on Cowley Road downstairs.

Thanks, though its a bit too short notice for me to go this time, as I've tentatively made some other plans. Maybe next time (if I can find out when its on!)...

FlameBoy

Back