Hairdressers to dictate government policy?

Monkey Do

#1 Internet Toughguy
Reaction score
I'm touching myself as I write this post.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1965592,00.html

It seems that hairdressers are most in touch with "the people" and are a great way to filter the opinions of the public back to the government.

I suspect green issues will be taking a back seat then until your local high street salon starts putting in dreads and weaving a tonne of pink wool into your hair.

Can't see it working myself, on the few occasions I've ventured into the local barbers (affectionately known as Carl the Butchers) the conversation has been along the lines of

"so, see the football?"

"Nah, not really into it"

"oh, hows your dad?"

Plenty of political meat there then.

What's the betting that gay rights and tax breaks for drivers of Peugot convertibles bump their way up the agenda then?

have you still got enough hair to warrant a trip to "carl the butchers" then?

Nicky Clarke, the Mayfair-based stylist who counts George Michael, Jemima Khan, Elizabeth Hurley and the Duchess of York among his clients, said: “It does sound odd but thinking about it, hairdressers probably do have their finger on the pulse more than any other profession.â€
If you say so, Nicky!

I'm more inclined to agree with Douglas Adams on the value of hairdressers. They all belong on Ark Ship "B".

'hairdressers should be drafted in to help shape local government policy because they are at the cutting edge of their communities.'

cutting edge..teehee

Thing is, hairdressers aren't gonna have a cross-section of the community, are they? People who are bald for starters..

conversation at my local whent dry years ago

Havent cut my hair since and now its been 4years

Back