Handy trick in Battery...

ichabod

Reaction score
This is something that has been irritating me for ages in Battery and I've finally come across a solution so thought I might as well share it in case anyone else has the same problem...

If you assign the pitch wheel to modulate pitch in Battery it only has a small bend range. To get around this use several modulation slots all with duplicate assignments of pitchbend->tuning. This seems to add up and increase the pitch range. :ibiggrin: Suppose this might also be useful for other controllers. Time to get experimenting with those wicked pitched kick rolls that Tron uses :Smile3:

Likewise... though I start off with Battery, then later switch the kick over to Kontakt if I want to do anything fancy with it.

(I don't like repeating tricks too often! :Wink3: )

J.

yeah i couldnt figure that one so i was just automating the 'tune' of the kick in the arrangement window. its the 'mode' function in the envelope window which has been particularly floating my boat as of late, why didnt anyone tell me bout this!

For volume, the switch toggles between AHD and AHDSR. Not sure about the pitch EG, I think it simply adds the SR bit as well.

ichabod said:
This is something that has been irritating me for ages in Battery and I've finally come across a solution so thought I might as well share it in case anyone else has the same problem...

If you assign the pitch wheel to modulate pitch in Battery it only has a small bend range. To get around this use several modulation slots all with duplicate assignments of pitchbend->tuning. This seems to add up and increase the pitch range. :ibiggrin: Suppose this might also be useful for other controllers. Time to get experimenting with those wicked pitched kick rolls that Tron uses :Smile3:

ehm dont think that's necessary!

you can change the pitch bend range explicitly... cant remember exactly how cos its been about a year since i did any real production... doh... but i think it might be in the setup screen.

mmm - I'll re-check but I've already spent ages going through every other possibility. It is Kontakt that has pitch bend range set up I think but not Battery (as far as I could work out)

well i never use kontakt cos my copy (ahem) is buggy as hell

and i distinctly remember doing 2 octave pitch bends on my kick drum in battery without having to stack modulations like that. cant remember how tho. ho hum.

Back