Hard Disk Recorders

psylent

Reaction score
G'Day.

So, I am trying to learn to DJ and am told that I should be recordin my mixes so I can listen to them and work out what's right and what's wrong.

Any suggestions on the best way of doing this? Best products etc? I have Pioneer CDJ 100's and a Pioneer DJM 300s Mixer.

Is it possible to simply plug an output into a Laptop and record it on that?

Thanks for any advice.

Jason

a minidisc recorder or a tapedeck should do fine if you just want to listen to your mixes afterwards.

Yep, just get yourself a nice wave editor and an audio interface, your laptop is better for this than anything else really!

Yeah - it is with laptops, at any rate.

It's kind of useful 'cos you can easily see what your volume/gain control's like (should be fairly constant) through the duration of the set - plus, if you want to, splitting it up and burning to CD becomes a piece of piss.

J.

G'Day Jo, and thanks Jack for info.

Jo, so this lil piece of kit comes bundled with nice software package that does all this easily?

psylent said:
Jo, so this lil piece of kit comes bundled with nice software package that does all this easily?

If you *really* wanted, you can use Windows' built-in Sound Recorder, and there are a few very good freeware audio editors, but as an alternative... *COUGH*checkyourPMs*COUGHSPLUTTERHACK!*.

J.

Back