Hardware equipment blueprints :)

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been contemplating building my own hardware (aphex stylee... if I ever get good enough :Wink3: ) and have now got access to an electronics lab and a friend who can teach me what to do...

However, i need to find blueprints for pieces of equipment... anyone know where i could come across these 'ponline?...
I'm looking for FX units, simple synths etc.

Any help would be much appreciated! :iyes:

www.circuitbenders.co.uk

i know that this guy has these for various models - sk1 / sk5 & many more
contact him there. just thought. he can probably point you in the right direction.
aphex uses all kinds of bent gear too.

6 said:
www.circuitbenders.co.uk

i know that this guy has these for various models - sk1 / sk5 & many more
contact him there. just thought. he can probably point you in the right direction.
aphex uses all kinds of bent gear too.

Mate cheers! :Grin:

That's looks seriously interesting.. will check it out properly when I get home!

Many thanks.

For little things (e.g guitar effects peddles) you can just open up an existing one then copy it! Although obviously you need a mate to lend you his one first.

I'm sure there are tons of hobbyist electronics website with schematics for simple audio equipment. Also it might be worth getting a good book on the subject. Depends if you want to go into in depth theory or just try and copy something else. The problem is - if you don't fully understand the theory then when your project doesn't work you wont have a hope of analysing it and finding out whats wrong with it.

To be honest - if you want to create some inventive and new sounds you are way better off doing it in software. If you want to jump in at the deep end then try programming some VSTs. You could also try Synth Edit (never used it, but sounds ok) or Reaktor if you're not into programming. Way less hasttle than trying to build a hardware synth; even a simple one would be a seriously big project, even for someone with a degree in electronics. Don't set your sights too high! Circuit bending on the other hand could be quite a bit of fun and doesn't need much electronics knowledge :Smile3:

BeatNik said:
Hi,

I've been contemplating building my own hardware (aphex stylee... if I ever get good enough :Wink3: ) and have now got access to an electronics lab and a friend who can teach me what to do...

You've heard of Reaktor, right?
You can build whatever you want & you wont need to inhale solder fumes or shell out $$$ for hardware

Thanks alot Ichabod and 6,24 Lotus

Bent gear looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for... interesting twisted sounds, from interesting sources :Smile3:

I also do have Reaktor - but I've also been interested in a more "hand on" approach... just to try to understand further the origins and ideas behind the equipment I work on...

I'm not going to set my sights too high... I know that there are a lot of seriously complex and money draining aspects to building the actual piece...

Thanks alot for the tips though, am gonna look up some schematics and see if I understand any of it :Smile3:

Cheers again!

Back