Has anyone used the CDJ-200s yet then?

canyouhearthegoblins said:
awesome except jog dial a bit sliipery...
sure you could put somehting sticky on it tho :Wink3:

I had the same impression when i tried them too.
All around, the jogger feels different than the 100's, not that its slippery,
it just FEELS different. I guess its nothing you can't get used to :Wink3:

would this be in the same way that the jog on the 1000s and 800s differ?

Actually, I find that the jog wheel on the 200's is different than the 100's and the 800's. My personnal favorite are the 800's, eventhough i own a pair of 100's. Therefore, i find that the 200's are in its own class. I wouldn't be able to compare the 800's with the 1000's, since i have only tried the 1000s once, so i wouldn't want to comment on a product i barelly know of.

So, apart from the jog wheel I guess they have a pretty similar feel to the 100s. I think they have a few more shiney blue lights though, which is obviously extremely important!!

Jon Kenobi said:
would this be in the same way that the jog on the 1000s and 800s differ?

And what way would that be then Jon........do the 1000's feel 'sexier' or summat? hehehehehe :p

Well I've had them a few days now and the verdict is.. verrry niiice! The jog wheel feels much smoother and more responsive than either the 100s or 500s, and the cue buttons are brilliant, you hardly need to touch them at all. :bananada:

decks1.jpg

bout the same size as the 100,s but a wee bit chunkier, hamish had some at the last c y, they were nice but i found the same thing with the jog wheel being bit slippery. Someone mentioned sticking something on it to make it more useable, well that would just ruin those good looks so ill stick with the 100's

how much were yours ruskin? did hamish's mate have trouble with his cos they're from the usa yeh?
when i said size i was teasing re boys wanting the biggies :Wink3:

The top of the jog wheel is quite hard to grip, because of the 'brushed steel' immitation grooves, but the edge of it is shiney so it's much easier to just wrap your fingers around it. Doing it this way feels more precise, too.

canyouhearthegoblins said:
how much were yours ruskin? did hamish's mate have trouble with his cos they're from the usa yeh?
when i said size i was teasing re boys wanting the biggies :Wink3:
They were an absolute bargain at £370 from ebay USA. (Think they go for about £400 each on the highstreets of london..) Then there was 15 quid for a pair of voltage/plug converters and a rather nasty £100 or there abouts for insured shipping and import tax.

man uk is so fucking expensive, id def look into them when my 100's go to cdj heaven, hopefully prices will be lower by then. Are they stopping production of the 100s and replacing them with these or just increasing their line??

Back