Headphones

distortedmind

Liability
Reaction score
looking to get some new headphones - mainly for djing

wanted to spend about £50 and found sony mdr v500's for 36 quid on amazon

just wondering if anyones ever used these as ive read mixed things - a few ppl saying the bass is dodgy?

other suggestions also welcome..

RAH123

Boing.
Reaction score
i've owned... 2... perhaps 3 pairs of MDR-V300's. I would simply go and buy new ones and after they finally, 'expired' after a year or so of heavy use... they sound fine... until i ran into senheiser. With the V300's the mids are shy and some high frequencies are simply unexistant... but did love the boxy-type of lower ranges.... no clue about the v500's

i would recommend you wait a bit longer until more dough can be secured for the endevour... and just go with something you'll be satisfied with for a long time.... :iyes:

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
For DJing - I'd go for a model that has one wire going to one side of the cans (if you see what I mean). Stops tangles in the wires that eventually ends up with dodgy/intermittent connections. I had 2 pairs of Sennheisers which went that way. Currently using a pair of Technics cans that have lasted for about 6 years.

RAH123

Boing.
Reaction score
the HD25's have one (steel cord, not copper) that hooks up the right can only...

This has been another informative message from Senheiser...

buy senheiser and feel difference!

D

dave arc-i

hd25 - best headphones ive ever used - double your budget though