Hello Everyone

Professor Potash

Elucidating
Reaction score
I'm Professor Potash and I'll be taking you for basic grammar, spelling, and punctuation tutelage. I will be assigning gold stars to those who show a special aptitude for the use of the English language and in particular those who appreciate the finer points of the apostrophe, a sadly misused punctuation device.

From time to time, I will run workshops on such sadly neglected items as the semi-colon, speech marks versus inverted commas, the Oxford comma, and basic mispronunciation (i.e. it's not asterix it's asterisk).

Do feel free to come to me with any questions you may have on this subject. I will be in my study between supper and bedtime. You should inform me immediately if you are dyslexic, as you may be eligible for special dispensations or coloured reading gels.

Arc-i, I'm watching you...

Prof. Mordecai Potash PhD Dub

:welcome: ahh yeah.................i am dyslexic....but find it hardly surfaces online

however....i do like to call fings by their proper name.......and from time to time write phonetically

(I'm also a real swot and love stars, sweets and rewards of ne description)

Hey there man! Whats your favorite sport? Like mines soccer I love it. Whats your favorite color? Mines green. Oh no I've just gotten some math homework. Have a good vacation. Have a nice day!

Professor Potash said:
PONIT ONE speech marks versus inverted commas

POINT TWO it's not asterix it's asterisk).

Do feel free to come to me with any questions you may have on this subject.

Arc-i, I'm watching you...

point one - in my school they were always and had been forever known as QUOTATION marks - speech marks my arse!

point two - i believe the correct speeling of the israeli dude's name is ARSETRICKS

and like im bothered i have another stalker

dave arc-i said:
point one - in my school they were always and had been forever known as QUOTATION marks - speech marks my arse!

point two - i believe the correct speeling of the israeli dude's name is ARSETRICKS

and like im bothered i have another stalker

Well, I did say "basic" Arc-i

ehm...
Hello?!?!

Det kunne vaere utroligt laekkert hvis du kunne hjaelpe mig med min danske grammatik - jeg synes at have lidt problemer med at formulere mig engang imellem.

Ilder x

Hello Professor

If you can teach these bozos about the correct and incorrect use of the apostrophe, Grocers' or no, then I applaud you.

May I have extra homework please?

Back