Hello From Glasgow!

Mr_ToPo

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thought id write a quick post, make myself known!

i'm 18 years old and from Glasgow, i'm new to the psy scene, but i love it and wanna get more into it! I've been told about a few artists who are good, Alien Project, Astrix, GMS, Infected Mushroom.... i like these guys and would really like to expand my knowledge of the scene by finding out about more dj's!

Theres not really much of a psy scene here in Glasgow, or at least none that i know about, so if anyone else is from Glasgow or even Scotland, if they could give me a shout and tell me where some good parties are, that would be great!

Cheers, Mark

Hello Mr_ToPo, if you have a look in the party section you might spot parties happening around your area.
Enjoy!! :sun:

Hello Mr Topo! I'm from Glasgow aswell, but don't live there anymore. There used to be some good psytrance clubs in Edinburgh, like Lift and Sublime, but I don't know if they're happening anymore. But I reckon Edinburgh is still the best bet for psy-trance in Scotland. Good luck! Maybe you can start a psy-trance revolution in Scotland!

Hi there..............I'm pretty sure there is a night on in Scotland (cant remember wot its called though) keep checking the parties section cos therer has defo been summat going on up your way over the last year or so. Hope you enjoy yer stay on the forum

Cheers for your help so far guys!

I look forward to chatting more with you all over the coming weeks, months, years!

I'm not going to Glade this year because I'm touring Europe with a group of mates!

Next year though.... :Smile3:

Welcome!!!!

I used to live in Glasgow for a few years but I was well into my rock n stuff then.. so we normally went to Solid Rock Cafe followed by CatHouse n the likes.....

*gets nostalgic look in eyes*

I hear stuff about Edinburgh too - so maybe you just have to start your own thing! I bet there is lots of interest bubbling under the surface?!

Shame I cant hear your accent through your posts - Glaswegian is my fave accent!

Enjoy the forum xxx

Ferret xxxx :Grin:

LiLo_Ferret said:
I used to live in Glasgow for a few years but I was well into my rock n stuff then.. so we normally went to Solid Rock Cafe followed by CatHouse n the likes.....

He! That sounds familiar! Spent my university years in Glasgow
Which normally involved a lot of giging (club nights were not for me sorry!) at the Cathouse!
But then some kid throwed all her beer at Anathema guitarist and from that time on no beers allowed near the stage! Argh!

LoL the memories!

Helo Mr_ToPo! Do feel welcome! :Smile3:

Glasgow is pretty empty of psy-trance me thinks. But Edinburgh isn't!

Check this:

http://www.indigitous.net/

If you like DnB there's LiveEvil once a month at The School of Art; quality nights there :Smile3:

Have fun!

Hello Mr_ToPo

I'm in Glasgow, and I know your pain.

Edin really sounds like being the best bet for psytrance in Scotland. Never been to a psy party in Edinburgh, though. They always seem to happen about a week before I check to see what's on. *Sigh*

I'm seriously considering going to the Wickerman festival for the Eden tent(s?) though, and Planet Monkey the following weekend. Indigitous this Monday might be bit soon. I got work to go to on Tues, but I might just see if I can't get the day off... :Grin:

Anyways; if you're looking for a travelling companion for any of these things, let me know.

Ozric & LiLo_Ferret: I'm sooo familiar with that whole Sold/Cathouse thing! Lol.. It still brings a tear to the eye...

:Grin:

Gav.

Ehm on a tangent, King Tut's was the favorite place for gigs me thinks! Quallity bar as well! :Smile3:
Nice crowd as well!

Should start for promotions me thinks he-he!

Hello Gav! :Grin:

Alright Gav, What dates are the Wickerman festival and Planet Monkey? because if i'm not away on holiday i'd love to go to them!

I used to go to the Cathouse overs when i was 16, but these days its all the regular student hang outs.

I was reading up, and supposedly the last weekend of the month in The Arches is a good night, and the Sub Club can be alright too, but thats more techno than psy!

Also theres the Soundhouse which i've been told is great for psy-trance, ive never been but a few people i know have!

It pays to ask around ive learned :Smile3:

If any of you guys are familiar with these places, let us know what they're really like!

Cheers

Mark

My knowledge might be a bit dated but there you are:

The Arches is the main dance hall, sort of Ministry of Sound wannabies; yet they organise some nice nights. (esp during May when they produce catwalks for the fashion schools ha-ha!! :Grin:)

Sub is just alright but verges on the claustophobic (dark with low ceiling-->it's sub innit?))

Soundhouse is cool but don't know about psy nights! Anyhow def gets my vote!

My 2p worth

:Smile3:

Yeah i had my end of year uni night out in the Arches last month, would be a good venue for a psy night, but from what else i hear its full of neds!

Im goin to the sub club tonight, for Optimo, big crowd of us so it should be a laugh, and yeah its a bit cramped and dull.....

Soundhouse i definitley wanna check out soon as possible!

Now all i need to do is drag my mates away from their Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight pish and come with me!!! :Grin:

Ah man. Yeah I forgot Optimo is fun! Can be from the coolest music to utter Madonna shite!
You never know and that's half the fun!

Enjoy!

Wickerman is July 22-23, and Planet Monkey appears to be on July 30, although I haven't seen it properly advertised anywhere yet. I'll probly investigate further, nearer the time.

Yeah, I gess asking around would be a good way of finding stuff out. I've really just been too lazy to put any real effort in. Besides; I've heard some wildy conflicting opinions on some clubs. For example, "Pressure" at The Arches is either a ned hangout or a practically ned-free club that's all about really cool underground music. Who knows?

I've heard nothing but good things about The Soundhaus, tho. Never seen anything advertised as a psytrance night, but it sounds like the the sort of place where psy might end up somewhere in the mix, depending on the DJ. Same might be true of "Pressure".

Truth is, I go clubbing so rarely these days that I've really no idea which nights are worth my while going to. Back in the day, it was all rock and indie clubs, but lately my musical tastes have shifted somewhat and I'm left kind of clueless.

Any and all advice appreciated.

:Grin:

Gav.

:Smile3: Mixed opinons - I love it! :P

Optimo was its usual on sunday, good mix of music, not psy but still some good electro - techno style beats!
(2 many dj's inspiration)

I looked into the Soundhaus, you have to be a member to go there but memberships not hard to come by and theres a good few nights lined up for the next few months, so im gonna try checkin that out.

Though i really wanna go through to the Burgh and check out nights there!

Mark

Back