HELLO TO ALL ON THE SITE

Twync

Munch Crew
Hi my name is Twync, co-promotor of Munch and hopefully a right nice bloke. Finally joined the forum.

I'm based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex for all my sins, off which i am part of a group of like-minded people that love psytrance from its humble beginings from the goan scene.

Together we run what i believe to be the only monthly psytrance night in Essex here in Southend. The night is called MUNCH, which is run every first saturday of the month at the Lounge, Lucy Road, which is behind the seafront and tucked away from the glare of the daytrippers and general pissheads that hang about.

The night has been going for nearly 4 years now and has weathered the storm of the hard dance scene in the area grinding to a halt. We often hit the near 200 mark, so the parties are still doing well. The age groups range from 18 to 65, which is what clubbing is all about to me. This year we've pushed outside the essex area with getting the night promoted. This is mainly due to the brand new website (www.munch-on.com) and the planned extension in the venues licence meaning we stay open even longer. This is probably why for many people why they haven't heard of us.

The Munch Bunch are heading to Glade 2005, as we did last year, so please feel free to say hi to us all if you might stumble upon us.

Take care people

Twync x

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Hello there, I usd to put on Psy nights@Shrimpers way back in 1997. We had Cosmosis come and play. Would love to come and play at your night, seeing as I lived in Essex for most of my life :Wink3: :Grin: Welcome aboard, make yourself at home and have a biscuit :peace:

DeeplyDisturbed

Hippie Derivative
:welcome: Sure you'll have a great time here. but, trance, in essex, what? when? how? balls new i have been missing out.
Take it easy

Twync

Munch Crew
Many thanks for the warm welcome guys,

firstly hello Full_lotus, i had seen you had registered on the Munch forum, infact i activated the membership, lol.
You organised events at Shrimpers, what was it called? I use to go to Funny Skins virtually every month at the Shrimpers, also my co-promotor Vert organised the last every event at shrimpers, called 'The Quickning'. The venue closed soon after due to structural problems. A case of too many loud systems wrecking the foundations (oops).

I know there has been a history of proper trance (i'm not talking your hard trance or euphoric trance bollox now) in Essex for a while. I was always on the sniff for them. But not a proper monthly event for years. This is why we started MUNCH nearly 4 years ago, mainly because everyone was doing crappy hardhouse or euphoric trance nights, which so bore the shite out of me.

Love to hear from you, get in touch with us at munchteam@hotmail.com for a possible play out. We are looking for psytrance DJ's only please.

To Deeply Disturbed (love the name), you can find us at The Lounge (which is next to TALK) in Lucy Road, Southend. The next event is August 6th with Mick Chaos (from Chaos Unlimited & Phantasm Records). He's also playing on the Liquid Stage at Glade. So now you shouldn't have miss out. :Grin:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Twync said:
Many thanks for the warm welcome guys,

firstly hello Full_lotus, i had seen you had registered on the Munch forum, infact i activated the membership, lol.
You organised events at Shrimpers, what was it called? I use to go to Funny Skins virtually every month at the Shrimpers, also my co-promotor Vert organised the last every event at shrimpers, called 'The Quickning'. The venue closed soon after due to structural problems. A case of too many loud systems wrecking the foundations (oops).

I know there has been a history of proper trance (i'm not talking your hard trance or euphoric trance bollox now) in Essex for a while. I was always on the sniff for them. But not a proper monthly event for years. This is why we started MUNCH nearly 4 years ago, mainly because everyone was doing crappy hardhouse or euphoric trance nights, which so bore the shite out of me.

Love to hear from you, get in touch with us at munchteam@hotmail.com for a possible play out. We are looking for psytrance DJ's only please.

To Deeply Disturbed (love the name), you can find us at The Lounge (which is next to TALK) in Lucy Road, Southend. The next event is August 6th with Mick Chaos (from Chaos Unlimited & Phantasm Records). He's also playing on the Liquid Stage at Glade. So now you shouldn't have miss out. :Grin:

Hi there, the name of our night was called 'Kerfuffle', and we used to come along to Funny Skin on occaision and Do IT as well. Have sent you an email, hope you get it :Wink3:

Twync

Munch Crew
Greeting to you Crisps (damn, i'm so starvin' like marvin at the moment, and name like that certainly doesn't help), thank you for your welcome.

To Full Lotus, i'll be sure to check my e-mails and get back to you.

Take Care All

greatruaha

Forum Member
:welcome: to the forum!

Your night sounds interesting, we might just pop over for a stomp some time!
I live in Rochester, there used to be a ferry between here and Southend, but I think it has finished. Still it is only a quick drive, sounds like my kinda party!

Have a good time at Glade, lot's of us going, stop by the Psyforum Megahexebo camp and say hello to all the nutters here!! :wub:

Twync

Munch Crew
hello Greatruaha, you'll be more than welcome to come over for a stomp with us.

I think your right, the ferry hasn't been running for sometime now. But it doesn't take to long to venture over the Dartford Crossing.

Will drop by the Psyforum Megahexebo at Glade to say hi to all. Keep an eye out for the Munch Crew, will be having the posters, backdrops & flags by the tents & in the camper area (thats me) as well, so also drop by and say hi.

crisps

Senior Member (discounted rates)
Twync said:
Greeting to you Crisps (damn, i'm so starvin' like marvin at the moment, and name like that certainly doesn't help), thank you for your welcome.

awww thats ok hun!!!
not only a greeeting,
i shall give you some big hello's
HELLO
Hello
Helloooo
hey there...
hiya matey!!

Oh dear i've gone mad...
sorry Twync....
I'm abit hyper!
But yes, enjoy the forum
everyone is nice here...

hope to catch you at glade!!!

hehe.... :hihug:

Twync

Munch Crew
Big hello's to you tooo. But do tell, how will i know you? I can't really pounce on everyone that i find thats eating a bag of Walkers and say "Are you crisps"?

Me, well i'm easy to spot, out in the camper area, bright yellow VW Camper with Munch posters over it .

Take care y'all :jump:

crisps

Senior Member (discounted rates)
aghh i just got back from tesco's
i bought all essentials needed for glade
along with loads of snackies...
i didnt pick up any crisps though.... eeeek!
i did however, get lots of biscuits...
and other things too...

hmm... well... i don't know what to say
i would have said look out for the rainbow hat
but i lost it... oh dear!!!

i will just keep my eyes peeled for you...
and your bright camper!!!

I will be over at the Megahexebo place
hanging out alot...
so just ask for crisps... hehe!! :hehe:

See you there :Smile3:

x