help! i dont want to select everything!

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
****EDIT EDIT EDIT****- i've opened up the previous save, i've lost about an hours work but it was nothing too bad... thanks for ur help anyway! :Grin::Grin::Grin:
original post:
well heres my techhy problem of the day...
i've opened up my current project in SX2 and everything was selected... not strange, the last thing i did before closing was to select all and bounce it down.
now, when i click on any one thing in the project window, it selects everything! i've tried restarting the track, no luck, restarting cubase, no luck, and then restarting the whole computer.
no luck. i click on any file in the window, it selects everything in the project.
a bit of a weird one... any ideas?
heres what i'm looking at, maybe someone can spot something...
normal_help%21.jpg

Continuum

Throb Farmer
Reaction score
unselect everything first? click in the background - does all the selected stuff turn off?

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
yeah all the unselected turns off... everythings normal, i click on, for example, one of those cymbals and boom, everythigns selected, like in the pic :Sad:

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
yeah i know its a bit wierdstrangesicktwisted...
and i was just gettin ready to make a big surprise for psyforum :Wink3: but you'll have to wait to find out :Grin:
first gotta get this sorted...

A

Andrea

did you try deselect as above then save, then close and reopen project?

maybe useless but still an option

fuzzikitten

Junior Members
Reaction score
I'm at work and can't verify this, but is there a 'group' feature in Cubase?

The behaviour sounds like your parts are being treated as a group. Try right-clickinig on one of the parts and ferreting around for something like "ungroup".

God I love to use the word 'ferret' as a verb.

Best of luck!