Help needed computer GEEKS!!! (VST'S don't go away)

etnarama

----------/----------
Reaction score
Well again with a problem!!!
I deleted some Vst's and didn't used the uninstall interface (didn't even used the Add remove progs)...
My prob is that those programs are still in the Add thingy, and every time i try to Remove\Change it says "could not load initialization file" i have also tried cleaning the registry with the Ashampoo Win Optimizer but nothing...

so any ideas??

Thank you

Faction

Proto-col
Reaction score
any ideas??
Yeah... don't do it again. :Wink3:

Seriously, this shouldn't affect operation of your computer significantly. Trying another registry cleaner might get rid of the entries in the Control Panel or it might not. I've recently seen an application that lets you manually remove entries from the Add/Remove... applet but I can't remember what it is right now; maybe Powertoys or something. Anyway, hopefully you've learned from this! :lol:

etnarama

----------/----------
Reaction score
Thanx Colin.... But after having to install 20 Vst's and my Cubase not Booting i was so F****** MAD that i just started deleting everything....
Well i have sorted the problem, if you install them again then with the uninstall tool you just remove them the right way.....
Thanks for the replies........

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Reaction score
Only way to get around that is to start Cubase or Logic after each install and make sure that it still starts.

Pain in the arse, I know, but it's the price you pay for using cracked software. Not a huge price in real terms though...

J.