Help..this track is melting me!!!

Green Knight

of the Middle Ages
Reaction score
This has probably come up in many threads before but I feel I have to share this with someone. A lot of the time I'm pretty unimpressed with most psy trance, probably 95% does nothing for me. But very rarely I hear a track and I get blown away. This is what happened to me when I first heard Tron by Saiko Pod. The effect it had on me was almost like how I imagine a religious experience would be like. A similar experience happened quite recently totally out of the blue when I was listening to John OO Flemings White Label Republic and I heard Lish's On the edge. I haven't taken drugs in many years but I felt I was coming up. It was really interested noting the effects it was having on various regions of my body: a tingling up my spine, a rushing in my brain and a stirring in my groin area but this was just the tip of the ice berg of feelings I find difficult to put into words. :wow: What a beautiful track. This is what this music has the potential to do! Aren't we lucky people to be alive at this time in history to experience such wonders.

I totally agree with u on this 1, most tunes I hear, whateva kind of music it is, at least 95% of it is trash. But 5% of the time, mayb even less! there are those magic tracks which hit ur G spot - or woteva spot it hits u. Its always worth trawling the trash, however long it takes!

:p

i'm the same... every now n then one tune really sticks out...
choons like Commercial Hippies - Where Dreams Come From (though it got overplayed to shite), Altom - Niagara (which i've overplayed to shite) and Tulk - Moonstone, which to be honest could do with a little more energy but apart from that is wiiiiiikid :Grin: only through searching does this stuff come about
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Yes, that track will never sound quite as good as when you first heard it. And it is a matter of diligently searching for them. When I find tracks like these, I almost don't want to play them. I'm afraid of becoming bored with them. I wanna keep some of that original magic. I do often moan about the music in the psy scene or any of the dance scenes for that matter becoming to formulaic, to tried and tested format. Why can't producers be a bit more adventurous, creative, think a bit more laterally. After all I thought the whole purpose of trance music was to take you to an ecstatic state naturally. Of course, this is easier said than done. The brain soons wises up to the various musical tricks employed and maybe it is part of the natural law of things, that only 5% 2% 1% or whatever of tracks will do that. Will be that good. A bit like it is the natural order of things that only 5% 2% or 1% of the population are beautful, physically perfect, or possess an IQ over 140 or whatever. :ismile:

:goodthre:

Cool - I'm always interested to hear what tracks have blown people's minds recently. I was listening to new stuff on Chaos Unlimited recently and couldn't find anything I thought sounded interesting :Sad:

In fact the last track I though was really amazing (I'm sure everyone knows it cos it's not new - I just hadn't heard it yet!) was Man with No Name's Axis Flip. Wow! :ibiggrin:

Don’t want to blow anybodies trumpet or nowt but Fromem Orys track Chameleon this summer did it for me. But lately its been Human Blues Screwdriver on Inner Cirlce thats been getting me closer to God.

What really impresses me is the way people react diferently to the same tune. I often try to share my blissful musical experiences with other people and end up really disapointed... I guess we all resonate differently according to our inner vibrations or whatever. But wow, is'nt it incredible when a bunch of people connect on the dancefloor and tune in to the same frequency. I'm hoping to get some of that at the Soulclipse festival in Turkey. The line-up is amazing!

It even amazes me how differently I can react to the same tune depending on the time/place etc that I hear it. I'm not talking about drugs influence here, just that sometimes if you're not in the right mood, a track can sound pretty lame, then you listen to it again some other time and its fantastic. Strange. I usually find stuff sounds worse in the afternoon and better in the morning and late at night... think I've talked about this before on this forum.

Anyway, as for tracks tht completely blow me away: Genetic Spin: Lowrider (frogacult mix). Wow! The last 2 tracks off Magentrixx: Wired. Ecliptic: Zero Point.... Wowwawoowa! :Smile3:

Back