1. Sturdy Pete

Sturdy Pete Sturdy Member

Threads:
  2. psyfi

psyfi Pie Fly

Threads:
    Hello I just listened to your tunes and I have to say that Planet Earth is my fav it kind of reminds me of Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygen. Was this an influence at all?
    I also like the Clanger samps. I like it when something like this puts them in a new context. Good work.
    :partysmi:

3. RezN8

RezN8 Ave it !!!!!!

Threads:
    Just finished listening to Planet Earth... :speaker: ..lovely break in the middle, just slid into it, and being a big fan of the clangers I totally enjoyed the samples, nice message btw :Wink3:
    Sleeping Being - You said it was dreamy & indeed it is, mmmm
    Wait (remix) - I enjoyed the Eastern vibe to this, some nice hand-drumming in there, lush guitar pieces laced over a galloping base (System 7 influence?) - just my cup o' chai :bananada:

4. Sturdy Pete

Threads:
    thanks for the comments..
    yeah j m jarre has been an influence - had to sequence oxygene 4 for GSCE music (got 10/10 :Grin:)

good to hear people enjoy it - i'll get some more stuff up there tommorow

:jump:

5. Sturdy Pete

Threads:
    got some more tunes uploaded, bit more towards the hard trance than the psy though :ph34r:

right, now my main concern about my tracks is that i use quantise a bit too much, and also use the mouse to input a lot of the riffs etc.. and as a consequence everything tends to sound a bit robotic. I've been trying to move away from this, but its kinda hard to tell cos i've listened to these tunes waaaaaaay to much.. any tips / comments?
    I'm acutally quite intrested in what makes the difference between a exactly-in-time beat and one with a groove, sometimes the tiniest adjustment can make all the difference - but what adjustments to make? the closer i get to a 4 to the floor beat which grooves, all of my break beat bits end up sounding like garage beats :no:
    need to find that fine line which makes it perfect

hmm...enough mutterings, enjoy.... :Grin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice