Hey Diddly Jays, needs help

CariFairy

Now Less Confused
Reaction score
Hello all you clever types what make music :Smile3:

Basically i am what is officially known as a "complete novice" when it comes to making music of any kind... i had "music director" (LAME) a few years ago and it was fun, but i would be really up for finding a more hardcore program that actually has a much wider range of bleeps and squeeks and tuuunes

i tend to pick things up very quickly with technology

but was wondering if anyone could recommend a

a) cheap
b) not MASSIVLY complicated and/or as easy to get the hang of as possible
c) thats all really

music program i could use...

i thought about it and mixing other peoples tunes together seems a bit time consuming, i would rather invent my own :Smile3:

Cariad

i would suggest fruity loops as well.
i started experimenting on fruity loops 3 ,an old version of the software

but it's suitable to familiarise with pattern & step sequencer, and pluggins.

wow, okay, i just had a proper browse... how confusing!!!

ANY IDEA WHAT IS THE BEST SETUP FOR ME TO BUY AS A NOVICE?

ALL THESE "EXTRAS" JUST COMPLICATING MY MIND :Smile3:

HEHEHEH

oops caps..

Monkey Do said:
You might wanna look at Buzz Machines - it's free and can make some good noises without too much hassle.

http://www.buzzmachines.com/

Never gonna go pro with it but pretty good for seeing if you get into the whole music making thang.

cheers monkey boy/man/person....

i'll give it a gander

*honk honk*

Hey there!

I'm also in the same boat as Carifairy!
I've just got a copy of Fruity Loops Studio V5 and a load of samples and goodies...does anyone know it there are any good (and basic) tutorials for it on the net or a book, and if so where?
It all seems pretty complicated but I guess it doesnt take too long to pick it up. Many a night is gonna be spent in front the laptop scratching my head me thinks:?

Cheers,
Ian.

whitedog said:
what nomis said...

easy to use,
cheap,
powerful
.. and FUN! :dancey:

and if memory serves i have seen gareth play out live using fruity loops

i do live gigs with fruityloops as well :Smile3:

FLStudio is plenty powerful enough to make awesome music with - intuitive, friendly, affordable, adaptable, and with loads of features added with every upgrade.

i think the entire first Fatali album was made on FL as well.

Ian Psy-Fi said:
Hey there!

I'm also in the same boat as Carifairy!
I've just got a copy of Fruity Loops Studio V5 and a load of samples and goodies...does anyone know it there are any good (and basic) tutorials for it on the net or a book, and if so where?
It all seems pretty complicated but I guess it doesnt take too long to pick it up. Many a night is gonna be spent in front the laptop scratching my head me thinks:?

Cheers,
Ian.

on the official fruity loops website (look on earlier pages for links) they seem to be selling a big "bible" style fruity loops thingy.

It sounds like a fun breakfast cereal!

CariFairy said:
on the official fruity loops website (look on earlier pages for links) they seem to be selling a big "bible" style fruity loops thingy.

It sounds like a fun breakfast cereal!

Thanks:jump: I'll look into it! Loads of ideas for tunes in my head, I just need to learn how to use the software.

Ian Psy-Fi said:
Thanks:jump: I'll look into it! Loads of ideas for tunes in my head, I just need to learn how to use the software.

i have a feeling even though i have never tried to use it that its going to be amazingly complicated

Back