hi there Moxygen from london\kent

moxygen

Forum Newbie
Reaction score
new to this and to psy , always supported ozrics\gong etc, have some great tunes i ould love to share fav,at the min is carbon based lifrms.much love too all

Reactions: eT
hi yer just been listning too satuarday morning stuff,must say as well gong was one of the first bands we got into at 15 -16.many years has past since then and of course we lost david to yhe everlasting circle of life, few years back.

Daevid, Gilli, Pip Pyle, Pierre Moerlen - Didier hanging in there, Steve and Miquette still hopefully going strong. What an amazing legacy of music though.

welcome to the community moxygen

Daevid, Gilli, Pip Pyle, Pierre Moerlen - Didier hanging in there, Steve and Miquette still hopefully going strong. What an amazing legacy of music though.
yes mate, fantastic musicians,what about steve hillage,

Tea an bicci's all round :Smile3:

Welcome to our mad lil world :grin:

Sorry to slightly hijack this thread but CBL released a new album the other week (in case anyone missed it)

Reactions: eT
I don't know much about gong, but Pierre Moerlen and sometimes one of his brothers collaborated tons with Mike Oldfield who's my all-time favourite musician on absolutely epic live performances. What a great time to like music was back then.

I don't know much about gong, but Pierre Moerlen and sometimes one of his brothers collaborated tons with Mike Oldfield who's my all-time favourite musician on absolutely epic live performances. What a great time to like music was back then.
Plus Hillage played live with Oldfield a few times when doing Tubular Bells and the like.
Love how awkward Steve looks in this BBC performance...

Absolute legend Steve Hillage for sure. Oldfield sure knew how to surround himself with great musicians.

Have a go at this one with Pierre Moerlen and his brother whose name eludes me atm (1:03:42)

You can see Pierre's brother look at him at some point in exasperation and give up on his drums as in "here we go again"

Back