Home Office proposals for New Drugs Legislation

D

dave arc-i

The Home Office have today announced a set of propsals for a 'Drugs Bill'.

Apparently there will be a crack down (media pun - not mine) on amongst other things mushrooms.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3899086

The legislation will clarify the law so that fresh mushrooms are illegal, as well as those which have been prepared by drying or other means.

This I am assuming could be seen as clarification that currently and until this bill is actually passed ono the statute books that we can carry on freely consuming.

dave arc-i said:
This I am assuming could be seen as clarification that currently and until this bill is actually passed ono the statute books that we can carry on freely consuming.

I'm intending to carry on enjoying them as always until the day that we're actually told that the bill has been passed. In the run up to that day it's gonna have to be a case of stocking up on as much kit as I need to not have to worry once the act is in place, ie: buying spores for each of my fave types of mushrooms, plus buying a couple of extra grow kits to lay up for a rainy day. After the law changes ...well it will just be back to the same old way that we used to do them, illegally!

Once I've restocked on spores then I know that the government can make it all illegal again all they want, but it won't stop me from being able to grow my own whenever I want. The way I see it is that we have a grace period here, we can all get up in arms about it and possibly win or we can ignore them and do nothing and then lose out OR we can get up in arms about it (hoping to win) and at the same time, stock up while it's still legal to, so that in case we lose we can still always have them anyway. :cool:

I agree ... stock up on kits.

Oh and I'd just like to say "cunts!"
Whinge about everyone getting pissed up and killing each other in the high street every friday night - but giggling and staring at the way the floor moves for a few hours is going to be clamped down on ... absolute tossers!

Grr ...

Sorry I think this is just another example of us being told what we can and can't do with our own bodies. Mushrooms have been ingested by humans since time began, they grow all over this island, how are the police going to inforce this. They can enforce the rules as they are and no one is taking any notice anyway. So by bringing in yet another law, they will only highlight their total ineffectivity.

I am thinking of starting 'Grow Your own Magic Mushroom' classes at our local adult education centre while it is still legal!! I think there are enough people out there who grow their own successfully that we will all be just fine, whatever the law says!

:wub: :wizard1: :shrooms:

im all up for stocking up too. but does anyone know how long a shelf life the spore syringes has?

Spore prints can be kept for 18 months (if not longer) when kept in dry, cool, dark conditions. I've only used spore syringes when I've actually needed them and not bothered to keep them for a long period of time. Fresh spore prints can be obtained each time you grow shrooms. :Smile3:

cool man thats ages. ive looked into growning my own for ages but never quite got round to it but if they are going to ban ready made grokits im going to heve to make my own. do you know of any good sources of organic rye as ive asked in all the health food shops and they dont ever get any in

Exactly the same techniques are used to grow perfectly legal shrooms, so I don't see why you couldn't run perfectly legal classes and just warn your students to be very careful "not" to use their knowledge with the soon to be illegal types. :Wink3:

greatruaha said:
Sorry I think this is just another example of us being told what we can and can't do with our own bodies. Mushrooms have been ingested by humans since time began, they grow all over this island, how are the police going to inforce this. They can enforce the rules as they are and no one is taking any notice anyway. So by bringing in yet another law, they will only highlight their total ineffectivity.

I am thinking of starting 'Grow Your own Magic Mushroom' classes at our local adult education centre while it is still legal!! I think there are enough people out there who grow their own successfully that we will all be just fine, whatever the law says!

:wub: :wizard1: :shrooms:

Greatruaha, I may need to be part of those classes. I'm hopeless at growing anything! Hehe... all this talk of spore-prints... wow.

When I was in SA, I was telling everyone how I'd go off to Camden and stroll into the store and buy shrooms. Everyone's jaws just dropped.
It's illegal in SA... so it's SUCH a mission to get anything. And they're never fresh - always dried. Which is cool for pizzas :Smile3: Hehe...

Anyway - it'd be a pity if the gov decided to make it illegal. *sigh* I don't think the UK govt realises that the more it tries to enforce a police state, the worse things will get. I think that perhaps the gov should stop trying to control everything, and start letting people take responsibility for their own lives.

Back