Home studio monitors

MalcomXT Aug 29, 2018

1. MalcomXT

MalcomXT Forum Member

Threads:
    Hello,

I'll be moving to a new place soon and I gonna need a good pair of 8" monitors,

Any suggestion spesific ?

How is the Yamaha HS8 ? heard a lot about their reference flat sound and the importance of it.

Also I put my eye on the LYD-48 3way's monitors which from what I understand will be way better in any way.

Is there any 2-way monitors that can be better somehow then the LYD-48 for a home room studio ?
    (off gonna put some acoustic treatment all over the room)

Thanks ahed ,

2. soulfood

soulfood Junior Members

Threads:
    I can't say enough good thing's about the HS8s. Hands down best things I ever spent money on. Sure you can get way better monitors but I reckon you have to pretty much double the budget before it becomes apparently worth it.

3. MalcomXT

MalcomXT Forum Member

Threads:
    What about 2way monitors vs 3way monitors for producing psytrance ?
    I've recently acquired a set Cerwin Vega VS-120 the sound is overwhelming cant describe it well enough and that is a 3way systems.
    The question is for producing should I better stick with 2ways , cause some say it is better making psytrance on 2ways.
    I know I'll be getting a set of 8" monitors just need to decide on which pair to get.

Also strongly considering
    Mackie XR 824
    • 160W bi-amplified Class-D amplification (100LF / 60HF)
    • Frequency response: 36 Hz – 22 kHz

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice