Hopefully inproved version

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Reaction score
If you were unfortunate enough to catch this first time around this is a hopefully improved version of the track I posted a few days ago...I think I've annoyed my neighbours, so please tell me if it was worth it or not! It's the one called dreamtime.
click here

jackrabbit

pulse width fay
Reaction score
Well done mate
Thats a blinding improvement, its gone from a scetch to a full blown tune. The levels are spot on, bongo's sound much better. Try a bit of phaser and or delay on the rainstick, might give begening more impact.

Keep it up :iyes:

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Reaction score
Thanks for listening again jackrabbit, glad you liked it. I know what you mean about the begining, and there's still a few bits I'm not 100% happy with yet. I'm going to leave it for the moment though as I'm trying to make a darker psychadelic track at the moment. I'll go back to it at some point though. Thanks again!:ismile:

Bharath

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hey Jibberer!
Howz it man? Thanks for the tips on the basssline this afternoon. Am still working on it, hopefully itill show some improvement by the end of the weekend. :Grin:

Anyway, I am a beginner as well and hopefully i'll be of some help to you. Here Goes.....

First up, you got some really good sounds in there.
Those atmospheres rock! :Smile3:
Its got a really nice flow. very calm but beautiful! :Smile3:

But i think in the middle of the track you might need a few more sounds eh? check it out.
all the panning and reverbs work really well.

Also, i am more a bassline freak! :P maybe if you got the bass in the front a little more it'll give it that driving feeling. don;t know if you want that.

AAAHH, the lead that comes in towards the end, with the squelch kinda lead (?)around the 2/3rd mark(can't see the times, didn;t download it) is beautiful!!! I Love it! :Grin: use it more! heheheh...

Again, the atmospheres around the same time, rocks! :Smile3:

Am really sorry but i think you need to work on the beginning of the track a little more. Otherwise, overall Super work man!! I really enjoyed the track especially the second part!

Keep at it man and you'll get to wherever you want to be very soon!!! :Smile3:

Best Wishes,
bharath

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Reaction score
Thanks for listening Bharath! I totaly agree with what you say about the begining of the track, definetly still a bit flat. I can't quite get the bass sound I want without swamping everything else, but I'd love to get a more driving bassline as you say, it's all about learning at the moment! This is a great place to hang out though for tips etc! Good luck with dusting up your track... I hope you post a new version up soon! Thanks again for listening!