How are you getting to Boom!??

Iris Electronica Mar 26, 2004

1. Iris Electronica

Iris Electronica Member

Threads:
    :handshake: I've got a cunning plan..........
    21/08/04 - Sat. <span style='color:blue'>get to my flat in Bournemouth </span>& stay overnight
    <span style='color:blue'>22/08 </span>- Sun. <span style='color:blue'>Taxi to Bournemouth </span>International <span style='color:blue'>Airport</span> <span style='color:blue'>for</span> Palmair <span style='color:blue'>flight to Faro </span>but I'm not sure what time the flight is. <span style='color:blue'>Arrive at Faro </span>Airport & <span style='color:blue'>pick up rental car</span>/space wagon/minibus and <span style='color:blue'>drive to our self-catering appartment(s) in Vilamoura </span>which isn't too far from Faro <span style='color:blue'>Then relax & be tourists worshipping Ra :sonne: or </span>explore nearby towns as we've got a car or perhaps you fancy a round of golf, <span style='color:blue'>whatever.</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>26/08 - Thurs.</span> Get up quite early and be <span style='color:blue'>out by 10AM </span>but we're still renting the appartment so we can leave what we don't need (like our Passports in the safe).So <span style='color:blue'>enroute to Boom! </span>with air-conditioning & cassettes player blasting but as I don't know the location then I'm assuming that it'll be North of Lisboa which will take us about 5 hours driving + 1-3 hours for stops, getting lost & being unable to find the final location = <span style='color:blue'>ETA 5PM </span>so we'll be able to put our <span style='color:blue'>tents up</span> in daylight :stupid: . Once tents are up then :bud: followed by
    :smokingrasta: :crowd: :speaker: :party: :excited:

<span style='color:blue'>30/08 or 31/08 Mon. or Tues.</span> depending on the state of the drivers but <span style='color:blue'>AMish</span> start driving back taking a detour <span style='color:blue'>through Lisboa </span>as you've got to see the <span style='color:blue'>view from The Castle of St. George </span>as it's spectacular and also I think we should take in the <span style='color:blue'>monument </span>built to commemorate the <span style='color:blue'>voyages of discovery </span>by Vasco de Gama or whatever his name was + friends. I think that we should be <span style='color:blue'>leaving Lisboa </span>by about <span style='color:blue'>5.30PM </span>as it'll take us about 4/5 hours to <span style='color:blue'>drive back </span>to our <span style='color:blue'>appartment in Vilamoura </span>including a couple of stops.
    <span style='color:blue'>31/08 to 05/09 Chill out </span>& be tourists again B) Perhaps we could do <span style='color:blue'>a day </span>excursion <span style='color:blue'>to Sevilla </span>because it's a beautiful city with <span style='color:blue'>beautiful Moorish archetecture</span>. Whatever :sonne:
    <span style='color:blue'>06/09 - Mon. Depart appartment </span>and drive <span style='color:blue'>back to Faro</span>. Drop off car at airport and <span style='color:blue'>fly back to Bournemouth </span>Airport but unsure of flight times. <span style='color:blue'>Short taxi </span>ride back <span style='color:blue'>to mine</span>. Sorted for me but <span style='color:blue'>if it's too late</span> for you to get back to yours then you're welcome to <span style='color:blue'>stay at mine for the night</span>.
    Doesn't that sound good to you?! Now down to the nitty gritty of the price:

Return taxi from Bournemouth Travel Interchange to mine:........£ 10 X 1 person
    Return taxi from my flat to Bournemouth Airport:.......................£ 8 X 4
    Return flight from Bournemouth to Faro: Departing on 22/08/04
    and Returning on 06/09/04 on Palmair:.....................................£ 215 Each
    15 Day car rental inc. 2nd driver + to Spain fully comp.:............£ 200 X 4
    15 Day rental of self-catering appartment in Vilamoura:.............£ 175 Each
    Food for 15 days allowing £10 per day:.....................................£ 150 Buy Own
    Boom! tickets (I dunno) Guess price:........................................£ 50 Each
    Petrol inc. to Boom! + Lisboa + Sevilla (Idunno) Guess price:......£ 50 Each

<span style='color:blue'>TOTAL COST OF ALL INCLUSIVE 15 NIGHT HOLIDAY = £858 per person</span>
    I think I've been a bit heavy with the petrol allowance but
    better to be safe than sorry.

If anyone is interested then please respond ASAP because the longer we leave it then the less chance we have of getting the flights, accomodation & car/spacebus/minibus. The £215 for the flight will be needed first.
    Liquid connective do starting on 03/09 but we've got to get back to Faro by 06/09

2. fil

fil SpaceBastard

Threads:
    Yeah! Count me in!

3. StealthSyst3ms

StealthSyst3ms Senior Member

Threads:
    31/08 to 05/09 Chill out & be tourists again Perhaps we could do a day excursion to Sevilla because it's a beautiful city with beautiful Moorish archetecture. Whatever

heha! instead of the tourist chillout week....me finks the liquid connective do could be worth a look ?' :Wink3:

.........will i ever get back in time for work?............. probably not....ah well!! :lol:

4. Will Dogon

Will Dogon MATERIA-listic

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (StealthSystems @ Mar 29 2004, 06:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    heha! instead of the tourist chillout week....me finks the liquid connective do could be worth a look ?' :Wink3:

.........will i ever get back in time for work?............. probably not....ah well!! :lol: [/quote:97169955e6]
    haha - my thoughts exactly :lol: :hehe:

5. phlee

phlee Reformed Addict

Threads:
    I would SO love to do this, but unfortunately, I can't afford to be quite so leisurely :no: I only have five days of leave left (including the bank holiday) to spend on this weekend of loveliness, so it's gonna have to be a quick in, quick out trip for me :sad: Fly into Lisboa on the 25th, bus to Boom, party, sweat, trip, learn, swim, prance, repeat, bus back to Lisboa on the 30th, hop on a plane and back in time for work on Tuesday :unsure: (with one day's grace for likely sketchiness). Hmmm, well laid plans and all that :lol1: So is anyone else doing the old one-two thing, cos I could really use some company, mostly because I get lost very easily :wacko:

6. LozGee

LozGee Guest

Zoot to Boom and back

I'm in the same timeframe, wanna hook up at the airport? I fly back on 31st at a silly time, so will doss down in Lisbon on 30th.

Sees ya :bananada: :bananada: :bananada:

7. ichabod

ichabod Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it really sucks having a job - wish I was a student again... all of these festivals this summer - instead of being able to relax into them knowing you have all the time in the world to get there/ get back/ recover i'll be feeling rushed as I dont want to get though my whole (pitiful) holiday allowance in a couple of months.

Havnt booked a flight yet but might be doing something similar. Does anyone know about how long the bus takes from Lisbon (what about from Madrid - this looks almost as close on the map).
    Not sure weather to try and fly out on wednesday or just have done with it and take the whole week off and mooch around in Portugal for a few days beforehand.

8. oOemmaOo

oOemmaOo hello

Threads:
    Coach to London gatwick(?) fly to Lisbon, hire cars (there are about 12 of us) drive to site (one of my friends is Portugeses - we'll follow him hooray) get there, dance, dance, trip, trip, swim, dance, smile, talk nonsense about everything, eat, enjoi sunshine, dance, for 5 days, drive back to Lisbon, stay overnight have culture day fly home. So far its cost us £165 Boom ticket and flight, bout £30 for coach, £60 each on cars (inc fuel) and £180 spends! Cool! :Smile3: approx £435 for an 8 day adventure - lovely!! :wub: :sun: :shrooms:

9. ultraviolet22

ultraviolet22 Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a hire car - for 7peeps - from any of the airports in Portugal to the Boom and Liquid party - so that would be about 14days?

Or does anyone know about potential public transport from Boom to afterparty then back to airport?

And...can anyone tell me what the 30euro coach from Lisboa to the site covers? eg when does it return? I presume from boom site :? :Smile3:

I've found flights for £136 return from Birmingham to Lisbon 25thaug-7thsept. Anyone found cheaper this late in the day?

Also - found 14day 4seater car hire for about £47 each from Lisbon airport.

10. El Huevon

El Huevon Realityis whatyou makeit

Threads:
    cornwall to plymouth, driving in my mates 4wheel thingy [which i always slag off from an environmental point of view but (revealing my hypocracy) i am very happy to be travelling in], ferry to santander, drive to boom stopping off to see friends in zamora spain.

roadtrip with friends in :sun: nny spain, then boom, then possibly solo mission to tranist

rrrrrrrrrrrrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]

bbrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg it onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shrooms: :P :partysmi: :party2: :speaker: :punk: :wow: :shrooms: :drinking: :? :speaker:

1st time since 98 when it ROCKED..........

look forward to meeting some of you there, i'm sure someone will organise a psy-forum meeting place :cool: :jump:

(can you guess that i'm excited)

11. nigelphoton

nigelphoton Junior Members

Threads:
    :sun:

Is anyone interested in getting ryanair flight to Vallalodid £80, then hire car from there. Only 200km drive and I just did this earlier this Summer, it only cost us £60 each for 4 of us to hire car and for the petrol.

Much closer to Boom location than Lisbon and much cheaper flights.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice