How cuddly

Lost Soul

Lost his tree
Reaction score
A forum especially for newbies to be accepted into the motherly fold of psy-forum!:ismile:

Hi I'm Jordan / Jordi, 22 year old from Bournemouth (it's on the south coast). First heard psytrance back in about 1997 off some CDs my brother gave me because he didn't like the fact there weren't any vocals, then I got into melodic trance, then into UK Hardcore ("happy" hardcore), then my psytrance roots seemed to kick in because I started going for the trippier, non-cheesy, trancier side of UK Hardcore: Freeform, which I've been producing for about 4/5 years (check the link in my sig for audio of my stuff). Then I heard modern psytrance about a year ago, and now I've decided I love it!

It's such a huge scene tho I'm a bit stumped how I should go about getting into it. Could anyone (please) give me a brief overview of the main artists / labels (I know Infected, GMS, Hallucinogen, Talamasca, Skazi, Astral Projection), good events on in the south of England? :ibiggrin: Thanks in advance!

LOLITA

Psychodelicat
Reaction score
That's a guy's thing. I still prefer melodic stuff that put a huge smile on my face (I also get giggles sometimes at parties. I think that's the best) :ibiggrin:
Welcome to the forum.

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Lost Soul said:
Oh I forgot to mention - I like the really full on dark stuff!

Welcome, full on dark stuff you say?? What do you want to know??? :ibiggrin:

ecomamma

Finikee..
Reaction score
I spent my teens in bournemouth! Welcome to the fourm im new here too..you can find out events in your area in uk parties, altho i cant imagine a trance scene in Bmth, but i did leave when i was 15 so things might of changed...has the manor shut down now its in verwood that was a great party place...:ismile:

Lyra

tranquila querida
Reaction score
hellllo and hugs to jordan :Smile3: this is a lovely guy everyone, i have known him for years :Smile3:

big hugs :hihug:
aste

Lost Soul

Lost his tree
Reaction score
Lyra said:
hellllo and hugs to jordan :Smile3: this is a lovely guy everyone, i have known him for years :Smile3:

big hugs :hihug:
aste

:ibiggrin: Hey darling!

Ecomamma, yeah it did shut down. On the trance side of things there's enough cheese trance at the Opera House, think there's a few hardtrance events aswell, not seen any psytrance events tho.

LOLITA

Psychodelicat
Reaction score
Lost Soul said:
Well I like melodic as well as dark, but definitely full on, not really into the minimalist stuff. Preferably quite hard too!

:Smile3:

I'm with you then :irolleyes

:iredface:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Lost Soul said:
Well I like melodic as well as dark, but definitely full on, not really into the minimalist stuff. Preferably quite hard too!

Full Lotus: Any recent CDs of more-savage-than-average stuff you might recommend? Stuff like http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/nai/nai1cd004.html or http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dej/dej1cd014.html :Smile3:

Nabi Records, Phenix Records, Parvati, Ketuh(obviously), Acidance, Trishula Recs etc etc , if you want specific recommendations, let me know :Smile3:

Lost Soul

Lost his tree
Reaction score
Heard of Nabi records, think one of my CDs is from them... and Acidance, didn't they do that "A Violent Reaction" CD? Was looking at that the other day. Thanks for the recommendations :Smile3: