how do you get the bcf2000 to work?

technomedics

Label Dj and Catawampii
Reaction score
Please help me.....
i've bought a behringer bcf2000 to use to remotely control the track mixer in cubase (i have SX 1.01) on the face of it, it looks like it should be up to the job but can i get it to work?

it's attached via usb on the correct mode but i just can't get it to synchronise with the sequencer. i've been on the behringer website that has a whole load of updates and stuff and still no joy.

Has anyone else used this midi controller?
Is it usually this bad?
Does anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong?
Is my version of cubase too old?

Please help, i'd be very grateful, i have very little hair left...

Thanks in advance

Mark

technomedics

Label Dj and Catawampii
Reaction score
Thank you, i'll see if that helps. i was hoping to control audio tracks in the track mixer with the bcf2000. any idea if this is possible?

cheers
Mark

SteveJ...

Boo!
Reaction score
From the FAQ-

For Cubase/Nuendo, you want either "MCC" or "bhuI" displayed on your BCF2000 before proceeding. Once you have got this indication showing on the BCF2000 display, you must make one final setting adjustment which varies depending on the software used. For Cubase/Nuendo:

YOU MUST ADD A "MACKIE CONTROL" REMOTE INTERFACE IN THE CUBASE/NUENDO SOFTWARE IN ORDER TO ALLOW COMMUNICATION BETWEEN THE BCF2000 AND CUBASE/NUENDO (INSTEAD OF USING THE SOFTWARE'S 'GENERIC REMOTE' INTERFACE AS IN "BC" MODE).

ONCE THE MACKIE CONTROL INTERFACE FEATURE HAS BEEN ENABLED IN CUBASE/NUENDO, THEN 'SELECT' THE BCF2000 AS THE MIDI INPUT/OUTPUT DEVICE FOR THIS 'MACKIE CONTROL' INTERFACE...

WE RECOMMEND REFERRING TO YOUR CUBASE/NUENDO DOCUMENTATION OR CONTACTING STEINBERG SUPPORT FOR MORE INFORMATION.

BCF2000 & Cubase SX / Nuendo