How does soundcloud make money?

Spots2012 Nov 11, 2012

1. Spots2012

Spots2012 Kiwi

Threads:
    Just wondering, googled it, couldn't find much.

Did find this interesting video.
    !

But- how do they make money? Some artists pay for space I guess. But two hours - that's two whole albums if you are a producer. The only people I can think would be paying would be DJs.

I guess also all those record labels who put on lots of tracks.

Edit: The answer is at 15:19

2. psyfi

psyfi Pie Fly

Threads:
    yeah its not like they don't try and get you to switch from the free account. They had a deal with Ableton recently where Ableton users got a free upgrade to a pro account for 6 months. I took that up and had allot more space and features to make use of. they sent me a couple of messages to let me know that my temporary pro account period was coming to and end and that I could keep upgrade with %25 off. I let it go back to the free account but I'm sure there are people who are happy to take the bait.
    I mean really how much money do they need to make to keep the system running smoothly? I'm sure it';s not hard to make that now they are well established and I'm sure their user ship will only grow as people start to leave facebook behind they may well up there social network side to be stronger. That's whats good about soundcloud is that not only do you have artists and record label son there but you also have music fans and everyday folk on there listening to music so giving them a more social chat room/news feed type environment will be really cool.

3. Babaluma

Babaluma Manual Gain Rider

Threads:
    there are a LOT of paid up SC members out there, just look at the little graphic next to their names to see. i had a paid account for three years. a lot of people do think it's worth paying for.

4. atomgrinder123

atomgrinder123 Fat idiot.

Threads:
    I paid for a while, was a lot better than the free account in terms of space at least.

5. Martian Arts

Martian Arts Forum Member

Threads:
    Free account does the trick for me. I have 27 tracks on there and have to delete old tracks to put new ones on. But its ok, they've been released for ages and people have heard them.

6. Seal_in_this_world

Seal_in_this_world Sub Aqua Chrysm Soldier

Threads:
    That dude interviewed a good friend of mine about Bitcoin!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice