How long have you been into it?

Chasing round in cars in huge convoys in 90/91 when we were doin' the band ting as well...

Then stoped and did live real gigs for a few years then did the 95 source/samsara ting, then did college an NO moosic really, then eT got me into this stuff about May last year.

And Mandymushroom from Winchester (doesn't post often) got me into Psy-forum

And now I've gone off it an I'm into Tribal Humming :P

Was at the very first one! Dancing inside a dinasour footprint was cool....... :P

My dad started partying in the early nineties so I've been aware of the scene since I was quite young. But for ages I thought I was far to cool to be interested in something my parents were into!! but when I was about 17 I woke up and decided that actually may be it was quite a good idea to have a little look. I first started going out to hard house at a lovely little club at Lydd. Then I discoved psy trance and out door parties about 3 years ago.
And i never ever want to stop ever!!!!!
:clublase:

Bought turntables when I was 16.
Mixed around with loads of styles for a couple of years.

When I was about 18, four to the floor hit me (Techno mainly but some tech house/ hard dance (mainly a money thing). Played with that for a couple of years. Went to some great parties around then.

Joined Baraka in 2000.
Played chill out at Baraka.
Now completely sold my soul to psychedelic music.
DJ it (Both full on and chill out), promote it, and write it.

It's funny but I can't remember a time when I wasn't into psy-trance, but that's silly 'cos it hasn't been around THAT long! It's only been fairly recently that my kids have been old enough that I can go out and have fun. I used to be really into Lab4 and have been to several hard house parties a few years back, and of course have been going to festivals for many years. First pills back in '87 (and they seemed to be much stronger then!!) but then a gap of about 14 years before I rediscovered the pleasure a couple of years ago.
Anyway, I'm well into it now and that's all that matters! Bring it on ... yum yum .... eeeeee!!!!!
Luv & big hugs
Chrissie
xxx :wizard1: :shrooms: :smokingr: :bananada: :jump:

they were also much more expensive !!
I remember buying 2 aspirin for friends at £25 each !!
gutted :no:
Acid was waay cheaper though :Smile3:
maybe just a little after '87
I also remeber MDA caps were around back then
quite scary - don't get gurns like that nowadays fankthully...

So is this an "I art more Trance than thou" thread?

Ozric Tentacles led the way for me and although I knew I liked trance from when I was about 16, I only went to my first party (Plexus with Synchro) on October 98.

The thing that really really got me was listening closely to

Quirk - Machina Electrica E Fornax Chemica

and

Sandman - Witchcraft

Ahhh... Those were the days.... Trance has long since lost the mysterious/melancholic feeling that made it emotional...

:sob:

Got into psy 3 yrs ago. went on vacation to india and my cousin would always play it in the car. i hated it! then he took me to a forest party outside mumbai and i had my 1st pill.. havent looked back since and i'm grateful to my cousin for introducing me to psy :punk:

Peace&Love

Ozric Tentacles got me into the psychedelic sound also. I think I was maybe 14 or 15 when I started listening to my sisters records (16 years ago!) and started listening to bands like Gong and Hawkwind etc... I think alot of older psy trancers took this route into trance/ electronic music - all those mad wibbly wobbly synth sounds that the Ozrics were so good at, creating that otherworldly feeling so well.

Then came Eat Static and System 7 and before you know it a new genre called Goa Trance appeared... RTTS cd Deep Trance and Ritual Beats was the first Goa/Psy trance cd I owned or Eat Static Implant in 1992 which was the pre trance sound from ex - members of Ozrics...

And here we are today - covered in fullon noise coming from all over the place!! I think there is plenty of incredible music being written today - just sift through the crap - and you will find it ! ! ! Yeh for psychedelic music :bananada: :bananada: :Grin: :Grin: :Smile3:

I remember when I first listened to psy in 98, it was from Shiva space Technology Goa Trance, my friend came to visit me and brought it with her, she was so excited about it, and we listened to the same CD all night, smoking Marlboro and crying our familiar disappointment. I then began to per attention on the beats, that time I was studding Drums, and the kick and timing was really changing my perception with any kind of music. Then I began to describe the timing of the tracks to her, she told me if I count every beat it won’t be fun anymore to listen to it. So I shut up. She left the album at home and I listened to it everyday. I went to some few parties, and I loved the music, but I would prefer my techno clubs, as there was no smile, only people tripped out.
So I came to London and my first psychedelic journey happened when I was 18 when the same friend gave me half piece of paper at a Chichime party on the Telegraph 2000, and there was this guy playing drums within the other playing the set, 3 o’clock in the morning I was harder wow, everyone wow, that was GREAT, I remember Kuma and Marchello playing that night. Trance music was never only a base kicking again

Went from trance --> hard house --> happy hardcore then was introduced to psy at 15. Went to my first festie with psy in Malta in 2003, then my first outdoor party in Brighton when I got back. Had an amazing time and have loved it ever since :Grin: YEY!

Um. I'm not so keen on psy at all really. I like techno. I just find the people at psy parties are so much more friendly and the rugs are better.

Started with my mum's radio since walking on my knees, that was the 70s psychedelia. Still remember the radio playing Gloria-The Doors version-althought I didnt know that was them at the time. At 9 I got my 1st tape walkman and my 1st keyboard, listened to some italian music my mum liked a lot. My 1st record at 11, The Doors/best of/ then pink floyd then anything 80s with the advent of MIDI and that stuff. Can't be specific here cause I listened to anything really. At 17 started my 1st band, then another 20 or so from rock to punk to eletro to metal, Pantera my fav, then found out that jazz was very very cool to listen, never played it tho. Then got into minimalist like Wim Wenders, Philip Glass and loads of stuff like that... Came to london in 97, my mates went to Escape from Samsara every friday at Fridge but never thought to go with them as House/Techno was shit to my ears at that time. Finally in 99 I went to a Pendragon at the Accademy, got my 1st pill and flew over the cucu's nest :wizard1: , totally inspired, revitalised, I laught a lot thinking what I missed and why people are so into fighting and arguing and competing and struggleing and all the shit the we just create by ourselves, and what's this thing going on about what I do is better then other's do, my music is cooler then yours, and my parent's and I do not really comunicate as we should and my girlfriend and I are having a bad time for what in the end? For NOTHING, so lets just dance the night away and celebrate life, my life, everyone's life, couse in the end we are all the same thing, LIFE... in good and in bad, amen

Psy came afterwards at Tyssen with Astral Phenix, Accademy with RTTS, plus more.
thing is chillouts are my fav place in a party.

:peace:

since '94. a friend got me into it. i was listening to stuff like hardfloor, jam&spoon, sven vath, cosmic baby, exit eee at the time (was living in germany) and he said i might like it.

a skunk reefer and 10mins later i was hooked!
then went to voov, that sealed my fate :Smile3:

oh, and my parents were hippies and listened to good music. But i don't blame them :lol:

Back