How long have you been into it?

powderman

Junior Members
Reaction score
I was reading the thread "A very important decision needs to be made" about how Psy-trance was on the verge of commercial explosion which kind of makes it sound like a newish genre, which of course it's not! Anyway, just wondered how long peeps on this board had been into it and how you got into it.

Myself, I was going to Goa trance parties from about '95 onwards and although production values have moved on, I think the music itself has remained pretty much unchanged. As for getting into it, it was Paul Oakenfold's seminal Full Moon Dance Party (essential mix) that changed my own listening habits forever...

i got into electronic music through stuff like the orb, orbital, HIA, pete namlook FSOL; i went to my first party in '93, an orb album launch party at brixton academy. the music was a lot faster than the stuff on the cds, Oakenfold was dj'ing and juno reactor was the support act. i loved it, so i started searching out more stuff like it; started going to the whirl-y-gig, club dog, club alien before i decided to check out a pagan party, and then i was hooked... never looked back :Wink3:

i became introduced to psytrance in 1997 in Seattle ,and went to a couple of parties then. But due to personal reasons stopped partying untill 1999 where i again went to a few psytrance parties. Then i moved to Leeds from Seatte in 2000 and became first into techno and drumnbase, then hard house, then hardcore, and I only started getting into psytrance again at the end of 2003.

Always been a trance freak though, can never get enough of it..... :wub:

mr cool took me to a free party in a forest, the half-rain hitting the lasers looked like fairy dust and then i was hooked. only about 2 years ago or so.

Various parties (full moon, new moon, half moon etc!) at Hat-rin beach on Koh Phangan Thailand in 1999 was what did it for me.

That magical combination of Sang-som whiskey, red bull, diet pills & goa trance :Grin: :Grin: :Grin:

i hardly liked any electronic music up untill 1998 when i was taken to tyseen street and was just blown away by the club/music/people now i dont realy listen to anything else apart from psytrance

forgot about megatripolis; they were fun! except for the time i got arrested by undercover narcs outside of it... they thought i was dealing, but all i had was a teenth and half a trip (the other half was inside me). they were as gutted as i was :Wink3:

astral phoenix. tyssen st. infected mushroom. say no more.

well a bit more maybe. lost in a swirling room of light and sound then bout 4am hearing "PPSSYYYCHOOOO!!" scream out of the void before tearing back into relentless psychedelic beats. life was never the same again :Smile3:

i listend to goa back in 94/95 but then got into the squat scene and became a acid techno head... 2 years ago i met barkley and had a really good chat and realised that insanity played lots of trance back in the days and that was my favouret system when they left it kind of started to die for me... so i got my self to reding boxing club and found that goa turned to psy and it was nice :Smile3:

so i came back home :wub:

acid techno is still good though

Plexus - Otherworld - 1996 Newcastle.....

Still have the flyer and my ticket (no 0001) somewhere around the house, but can't
find them at the moment despite having turned the place upside down :Sad:

Changed my life, or at least my perspective,
just the experience of sharing a mushroom tea daze with nearly a 100 other people.

Red five said:
can i hang with the "i've been into it longer than you" gang now?

Oh oh oh can I join. I've got the original Return to the Source EP on vinyl with Doof's "We Are Free" and I know someone who has a copy of Eat Statics "Monkey Man".

And I can piss over a 6 foot wall.

Of course what this thread should be asking is

"How long have you been into it and what's the most drugs you've done in a single night" - that would really tell you who's propa

Monkey Do said:
Red five said:
can i hang with the "i've been into it longer than you" gang now?

Of course what this thread should be asking is

"How long have you been into it and what's the most drugs you've done in a single night" - that would really tell you who's propa

Well I reckon you're both obviously in the gang by default, but you got the second question a bit wrong Monkey Do (probably because of the drugs). :Wink3:

Should be "How long have you been in to it and whats the most drugs you've done in a single session?"

'Cos one day's just not long enough to really start hammering the drugs in if you're really into it! :P

How about "How long have you been into it and what's the most drugs you've done in a single night and how many hours/days/weeks did that night last and how many parties did you attend before sleeping and how many miles apart were they"

Shit, I used to be so much more hardcore back then.

first heard any psy last december - went to TOF in Feb (first time proper clubbing apart from paradise lost & new penny in Watford in early 80's)- hooked totally hooked.
This is the dance music that is right everything else has something missing :Grin:

Monkey Do said:
what's the most drugs you've done in a single night .

surly anyone that can answer that accuratly cant have that high a tally

Astral Phoenix at Tyssen St :wub:

*STOMP STOMP STOMP*

Broke my ankle in one of the holes in the concrete floor downstairs stomping - it was only mildy but it took forever to get rid of cause I just couldnt stop going out!

First party ever for me was November 2000.
This whole Goa/Chai/psy forum psy trance is only ever something Norty introduced me to around June 2004
:smilemus: and I am already partly responsible for killing the scene!
:wub:

:sun:
Scorchio!!

Ferret x

How long... hmmm, I first heard trance in '97 (Green Nuns of the Revolution), and loved it, being a firm hater of all music electronic before that. My first party was in '98, and I've never stopped since! Currently hooked on Skazi (roll on Antiworld) and Infected Mushroom.

I used to be the Goth-in-the-corner at trance parties, I then became the trance-bunny on the dance floor at goth clubs... I guess I'm just confused! (And always will be, I hope)

Back