I Give up !

M

makdaddy

...after many many years of trying and trying to get my head round this music production thang....I GIVE UP !!

I dont have the time or energy to do this anymore, So if you want to buy any of my equipment - check Dis

aythnague :Smile3:

This is a pretty sudden decision isn't Mak. What’s gone on? I can't see any reason to give up on something you love. It shouldn’t be a question of how much time you have to do something in just how much you enjoy it in the time you do have.

Sleep on it for a few weeks or I'll get my basket of slaps out
I'll-flip-ya.gif
Then where will you be?

Plus I'll start randomly posting messages saying that none of your gear works and that people shouldn't purchase it. Even though it obviously does as anyone who has heard you music knows.

dont stop dude, if you gotta concentrate on other stuff for a while then you gotta do what you gotta do, but never say never and all that.
keep fighting the good fight!

i should take it that the chance to give up has even been denied to you - lifes a bitch huh!!!

have i mentioned my psystream show that is currently on psystream?

The parasite of musical creation has crawled deep in to your heart and selling all you equipment won’t shift it. It’s in there, its laid eggs, there’s no cure.

OK Mr Mak you can put your clothes back on now. Take two of these with every meal and come see me for a check up and repeat prescription next month.

So i take it it would be considered bad form to start making offers then.....?

:Grin:

Do you enjoy making tunes?
If so, forget about what you think you are unable to achieve, which will only depress, and do what you enjoy, simply because you like to!
Works for me :Wink3:

If not, then OK, sell it all, but give all your data to someone else you know who makes tunes :Smile3:

serious guys,i have thaught this through....alot

my time at home is always geared towards the fam & the home (except for <:groove control:> ) usually if i feel inclined to rinse some musical ideas i'll step over to _23's or my man Jimbo's studio's, these are 2 guys who have been on the same journey..and as far as i know the only 2 other people having a crack at trance in Milton Keynes.
I was over at Jimbo's last night > did a 12 hr production session that ended at 5am this morning. /knackered.

It just doesnt seem to work for me at home, there's always something else for me to do. I also need to be getting my head round some server softwares to give my career a lil push.

and aye, all is not lost anyways i have a phatty boombatty laptop arriving in the next week or 2 :Smile3: whoop !

So shouldn't the title of this thread be " I've given up writing music on my PC and have instead taken to writing tunes on My new Lap top and round my mates houses." I guess that’s a bit of a mouthful though. Don't scare me like this Mak. I still have that basket of slaps I mentioned and I'm not afraid to warm them up ready for a work out.

whitedog said:
Do you enjoy making tunes?..

..also this is the thing..all the fun seems to have dissappeared for me :Sad:

only having short periods of time to get into it has just made it pretty stressful for me..and frustrating.

i think i would be muchos happier in my home life..and like i said - i always have access to another 2 studio's :iyes:

psyfi said:
So shouldn't the title of this thread be " I've given up writing music on my PC and have instead taken to writing tunes on My new Lap top and round my mates houses." I guess that’s a bit of a mouthful though. Don't scare me like this Mak. I still have that basket of slaps I mentioned and I'm not afraid to warm them up ready for a work out.

well, i have access to other studio's *IF* i really want to but i reaally dont want to at the mo... i need a long, yes a veeery long rest

The lappy will mainly be used for t'internet and for studying *ducks flying basket*

Family comes first mate. Just don't underestimate the important of your creative outlets. They are very important to your health in my opinion. I would recommend you take your long break and only ever come back to do anything if you find that it is once again enjoyable.

<FONT color=black>One thing…couldn’t you have thought of this when I had a bit more money. SLAP ouch gotten by one of my own.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></FONT></P><P style=
Seriously dude I hope you manage to enjoy it again. <o:p></o:p>

hello u lot u may kno me as mrs mak and would just like to say .....like fuck is he givving up ! his having a pmt moment it happens once a month and we all have to live with it so dont worry give himm afew days he has just got his knickers in a twist :irofl:

So I was right he has been taken over by evil powers then Mrs Mak. You get the holy water and I’ll get the old priest. The power of Christ compels you. The power of Christ compels you.

I’ve come up in hives I can tell you. Maybe its time he thought about going commando to avoid this happening again in the future.
Thanks for the post Mrs Mak I hope it all comes good and I trust you had a nice birthday bash.:ibiggrin:

Spacey Tracy said:
hello u lot u may kno me as mrs mak and would just like to say .....like fuck is he givving up ! his having a pmt moment it happens once a month and we all have to live with it so dont worry give himm afew days he has just got his knickers in a twist :irofl:

:ilol::ilol::ilol::ilol::ilol::ilol::ilol:

what more does he want that this fine woman?

Spacey Tracy said:

well thank you very much, I always feel sad when I hear someone wanting to give up --- I'm glad thats not the case --- besides ... I thought life was a consant "run into the wall" - it's all about finding the metaphorical doors, or waiting till they get built that determines how often, and hard, it hurts to run......

--- To makdaddy -> hope you still find time to drop by psyforum with some listening advice... or "worst joke's" :iwink: despite your troubles with time..... easy for me to say... (being voluntary insomnic - I need time too)

Back