i heart acid techno

rcorlett

bob
Reaction score
i love the way that halfway through a mix it might get to a really fucking good bit, where the acid line starts going nuts, and i mean really WILD, and a big bass drum kicks in - at some points i almost fool myself into thinking this is the best psychedelic trance i've ever heard.

until...oh! where are the doofs. brings me back to reality

i love it but its no psy cake

does anyone else feel the same way?

Vinsanity

Walking Disaster Zone
Reaction score
I looooove Acid Techno!!!!

But I'm addicted to psy! :icool:

crap muppet

Watch yer step now...
Reaction score
rcorlett said:
i know its brilliant isn't it, but it's missing that certain something

Cheesy quotes out of films about drugs or aliens? :ilol:

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
crap muppet said:
Cheesy quotes out of films about drugs or aliens? :ilol:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.!!!!!!!!!!
<falls off chair laughing,.... again>....

Na... I love Techno...... Just to re-iterate.

Theres nothing missing...in fact it has that certain something.....

...when the tracks get REALLY busy in the top end.... screaming non-stop ear piercing hi-hats n snares... rolling non-stop.... LOUD, intense and just fucking brill.....
nearest thing to an intense trip without the drugs i think .... :Grin: :Grin: :Grin:

More RAAA!!!! than 90% of psy....
but less clever than 90% of psy too.......
its a tricky choice it is..... <thats why i mix both :Grin: :Grin: :Grin:

crap muppet

Watch yer step now...
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I do miss the old days of Havok in Manchester - I still have the keyring and cheeky mixes to remind me tho I suppose.

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
I like psy trance - but have never really broken a sweat in the same way as I used to acid trance or acid techno - especially the old stuff where the acid lines went on & on for ever.. well until the breakdown with a comedy sample... then... hammering drums & the acid lines kick in again & go even more mental ..

LETS 'AV YER!!!

COME ON!!! etc

:Smile3:

crap muppet

Watch yer step now...
Reaction score
:irofl:

Monkey Do had a quote about alien spaceships in the first 5 minutes of his set tonight..... come on acid techno - I dare you to match that!!!!

kunningtoerag

naut-psy-kik-humaon
Reaction score
Stompin In The Acid Fields....ohhh, Arrrrgg!!

Dezi

S.W.A.R.M
Reaction score
i love a bit of acid-techno, and play it out whenever i get the chance, and people always go far more mental than they do when i play psy......

psy-trance is just acid-techno for games workshop fans really....think that was proved by crap muppets post about monkey-dos set having a sample about alien spaceships within the first five minutes... acid techno isnt gonna try and match that... cos its never tried......people at techno parties really dont give a shit about aliens and shamanic drumming......

psy trance is role play techno.... come on lads, lets put on our wizard hats and go listen to some psy........ooooh im a shaman........ no, youre just twatted.......

dont get me wrong, i do appreciate the whole alien/wizard/shaman thing....... it just doesnt always make for entirely serious music........

notmushroom

beyond trance
Reaction score
@dezi...haha

i love techno. simple as. it's more fun, no pretension, more variety in the tunes (not just talking about acid 303 techno, any hard techno), uses vinyl, more energy...........

I always say when psytrance is at it's best it's unbeatable but most of the time it's mediocre and i have to force myself to dance and i find myself losing interest and thinking about what i had for dinner last night or that girl i saw on the train to the party. if that's called being in a trance i want out.

but every now and again, whether it's the music or my mood or the drugs or whatever psy is perfect. but techno guarantees a good dance and a fun night out even if it isn;t as good as psy can be.

and then there's THAT psytrance. some people call it cheesey i just call it embarassing and why any DJ actively hears it, think it's good, then chooses to play it at a party is beyond me. all those bullshit samples about aliens and consciousness and drugs and so on...god...

at least techno samples are usually twisted, or funny, or just plain wierd.

obviously there's shit techno too by the way i don't think it's a perfect genre by any means.

Sparkle-ma

Flinging Fab at you!
Reaction score
Acid Techno - (melts)..... always in my heart.....:iredface:

badger

mustelid member
Reaction score
Heh heh! I expanded rather too much............... and now we have a little raver :@)
666 in Bristol, storming night though :@)