Imagi:Nations 'Night' - TIP World

Liquid Ross

Forum Member
Reaction score
1 - Bullet Proof : Bolivia
2*- Black and White : Status
3*- Save The Robot : Painted Dove
4 - Astrix : Oranda XI (Xerox and Illumination Mix)
5*- X Noise : Anjuna Beach
6 - Logic Bomb : Marauder (Remix)
7 - Phonic Request Vs Terraformers : W.S.D
8*- Sandman : Testers Choice
9 - Johann : Same Same But Different
10 X Dream : Intercorporal Stimulator (The Delta 2005 Rmx)

Released : 4th July

Hmmmmmm ... Well this was a little Surprise I can tell you! Yet another series of the Nations but this time integrating the ever-popular Imagination. What TIP have given us this time is a part1 of the 'Night' and 'Day' series, but more so that this they have given themselves another chance of taking near leadership position in the trance world.
For me this is the first TIP album in a while that will have a slot in my CD wallet, with quite a few tracks that have a right to be slammed onto the dance floor.
It is hard to ignore the fact that the last few TIP albums have used their old skool identity, the Shiva face and also familiar titles and wordage, and this album takes hold of some of the most amazing sounds that have been conjured up in the last 10years.
Everyone's different but I hear a lot of old Goa styles in here, and thrown forward in a positive (but sinister) way.
Johann and Sandman certainly add help with this, and make up two fine track on the album, and it is hard to not remember moments of a past life in X-Noise's Anjuna rebirth of what was 'As a Child ...' originally by The Delta. The 2005 rmx of X-Dream brings back some of the darker sounds of trance, not my style of milk shake but quite tasty all the same!
Top moment on the album for me is Bullet Proof track 'Bolivia' (this is out on vinyl I think??!!) and I did have a chuckle to Save the Robots 'Painted Dove' but im sure this will sink to my least favourite before the album reaches the selves.
Logic Bomb rarely ever go wrong with their offerings, and here they excel with a remix of Marander (tries to work out where the original version is from .. anyone??) proving the Swedes are great at their nigh time antics as well as their morning lushness.
The overall vibe and feel: It does wet it says on the tin... 'Night' !
And certainly I think TIP have gone for a collection of more cutting edge tunes with some of the elite trance producers as well as the new unknowns. The remixes are done well so as not to make you feel cheated, the Israeli tracks are not same-same sounding and the good bits are fantastic!
Hope after this album TIP continue this path - hats off for this one! :Wink3:

x

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
Yeah nice to see they have gone for some newbees as well as some tried and trusted artists!!

Logic Bomb Marauder original was on the Unlimited CD (second album)

Looking forward to checking it out :Wink3:

Liquid Ross

Forum Member
Reaction score
geoffwiffen said:
Logic Bomb Marauder original was on the Unlimited CD (second album)

checked and double checked .. spelling mistake on the promo .. opps! should read Marauder not Marander :Grin:

x
x

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, not very impressed with this one personally on first listen, was expecting alot more from this psy stalwart. Really liked track 7 onwards. Will comment more when I've heard it a few more times, but the first few tracks sound very much in line from recent Tip World releases

snafu

I suck (apparently)
Reaction score
Reading the press release on chaos, it seems like TIP have gone for a much more "accesible to the masses" sound which shows from the samples you can hear o nchaos (not alwaysd the best way to tell I know). But judging by the big name dj's who are playing this (think 00Fleming and his ilk) then I think I might pass this one up.

Drat Mafia

Total Member
Reaction score
my god the black and white tracks is fucking awful...45 secs on psyshop was more than enough!!!!!!! :?

lurk

Stunning Cunt
Reaction score
it's better than the track listing suggests, and there is some very good stuff on there... a definite improvement on the last few releases

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
There is some obvious Tip stuff, and some deeper stuff...

Liking Bullet Proof, and Sandman for starters! :Wink3:

damion

Pound Shop Alex Petridis
Reaction score
what in tintern abbey are you talking about?
personally i think this is very good --- it makes more sense up against the Day one though. Together i think they're pretty damn fantastic and the best thing they've done in years

dj chris planet

Fragile Planet
Reaction score
Whats that Painted Dove track all about, i really don't understand why they have used this in Psytrance , what is going on?

Liquid Ross

Forum Member
Reaction score
dj chris planet said:
Whats that Painted Dove track all about, i really don't understand why they have used this in Psytrance , what is going on?

had liked if few weeks ago when i first heard it, but as predicted can't stand it now :Smile3: but sooo short is the shelf life of a track like this ... maybe if i kept it in the fridge it might still be fresh ...
if the 'tainted love' bit was removed or mix available it would be killlla innit ..

large

:Grin:

x
x

Liquid Ross

Forum Member
Reaction score
sandman track has taken the lead ..... couple of moments not 100% about but nice nice !!
and johann ... good lass !

xx

:Smile3:

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
damion said:
agree, goodun -- i think Terraformers vs Phonic Request is maybe a nose in the lead :Wink3:
tip records' 3D anyone?
Have to agree with this one......

Red five

jah mangled spanner
Reaction score
is black and white the dirty electro startup?

goes a bit awry?

and that painted dove one is wicked on a soundsystem. they liked at 180...