intro

nuxia

terrorist chick
Reaction score
greetings, i am Cat(herine). i have long been suspicious of these web communities, where it seems that the main point for a lot of people is to ponce about with a silly name. however,i felt things may be a touch different here on the 'psy-forum', that i might be lucky enough to meet other INDIVIDUALS with new ideas, enthusiasm and coming at life from different perspectives and backgrounds... blah blah blah (cheesy intro).
anyhow... i am a second year student (French with film studies) with a growing dislike for the academic bubble, feeling that i lead a double life a lot of the time: mind expanding, partying and writing etc on the one hand and a looming bourgeois institution on the other.my main way of trying to reconcile the two is through writing. Following Sartre's idea of the "écrivain engagé" ( = 'comitted writer' - but a political comittment is implied in the french expression), i have more or less begun to write and work on different projects alongside gruelling univeristy essays. i am trying to apply my knowledge (never enough of it) to particular ideas that have formed (through drug use or not) slowly over the past few years.[i wont go into it,i'll find a more appropriate thread to discuss writing] thoughts, troubles and experiences have lead me to a number of problematic conclusions about the world. i reached the point of nothingess, and remebered Hegel 'nothingess is not an end but a point of departure'. the blank canvas, waiting to be filled wiith many things...

sorry about the ramble, but it is sunday night and what a fucking hectic weekend...

:irofl:

Dezi

S.W.A.R.M
Reaction score
Heeeellllloooooooooo there precious........

hope u dont find this place too weird, cos i certainly do sometimes...... If the smell gets a bit bad just open the window cos theres a fair few unwashed types about....... just trust your nose and all should be good......

missin u...

x