Iran nuclear coverage is War Mongering

Rhino Plasti

Sailing the Brixton Seas
You might have noticed there has been alot of world press recently about Iran's nuclear projects and how this is scaring Europe and US.

I noticed there were satellite pictures released of nuclear sites. They all looked quite close to completion to me.

Does anyone else think this is a bit strange ?

Its not as though it takes a few short months to install a nuclear power station or whatever else they are accused of building. It takes years to build these sites, so the world goverments must have known for years also that Iran had these plans. How could they not know?

But now in the wake of Sharon getting ill, they change of power in Iran and the securing of Iraq, we are presented with the next biggest threat. Well thats what they want you to believe.

I have the nasty feeling deep down, that Iran is getting setup for an invasion.
One that is UN backed because of these nuclear facilities.
And if this happens, whats the bet after the invasion that reports come back saying that there were no nuclear weapons found - And what a surprise that would be.

D

dave arc-i

whilst treading very carefully to avoid anyone being able to invoke "godwins law" i think there is a direct lnk between occupying iraq and threatening iran and this can be demonstrated by using the example of the german strategy during the early stages of the second world war - one of the first objectives was to secure the oil that was needed to keep a modern army moving, tanks/vehicles, ships and planes all require oil and without secured supplies you end up stuffed.

the ONLY major US military success in europe during the closing stages of that war was at "the battle of the bulge" and that was quite simply down to effective interdiction (cutting of supply routes) and causing the massed german tigers that allied forces no REAL protection against to run out of fuel and thereby negating the very real and dangerous threat the counter offensive presented

im am so so sure the US milatary wont have forgotten this mainly because it is one of the very few examples of US success in ANY milatary campaign!!!!

now apply that to what has happened - US/UK forces have secured a major part of the worlds oil reserves - does make you think doesn't it when viewed that way

btw there are one or two other threads that were started some months ago about this very subject - i do recommend looking out the one with the discussion about the iranians having "sunburn or sunburst cruise missles - i somehow think the coalition naval forces will be in for a bit of a surprise if they enter the gulf in preparation for an iranian attack

martin_e

Pantheistic Cyberneticist
Well, under the terms of the Non-Proliferation Treaty; Iran has every right to not only research Nuclear Power - but also demand the help of other nations in acquiring the facility to generate electricity using this. Therefore their nuclear research facilities are already quite advanced. The difficulty is that the west doesn't trust them to not try and develop weapons and the reasonably advanced technology needed to make high grade fuel is the sticking point at present.
Russia wants to sell the fuel to Iran, Iran wants to make it themselves. The worry is that this process can also be used to make weapons grade fuel which is why the EU and US have their knickers in a twist about it.

However, as things stand - Iran has EVERY RIGHT TO DO THIS. It is the west who are breaking the NPT by not giving them the required technology in exchange for their agreement to not make nuclear weapons.

Fortunately the US is no longer in a position to afford a military invasion of Iran - although air strikes on their nuclear research sites are starting to sound possible...

Rhino Plasti

Sailing the Brixton Seas
Thats gooid stuff martin_e - Although I reckon It'll be the EU who will strike. They have the dosh. Also could be China !!!

grokit23

God mintsmak
Rhino Plasti said:
Thats gooid stuff martin_e - Although I reckon It'll be the EU who will strike. They have the dosh. Also could be China !!!

An EU led strike would be a first, doubt it'll happen though. For all the handwringing and complaining we'll do in the diplomatic and court circles, it's not the sort of thing that you'll find the British, French and German public all willing to go along with.

RedZebra

Don't think the EU will get involved, except by taking the "logical" move of implementing sanctions which will no doubt result in the death of many civilians.

A more likely instigator of air strikes may well be Israel...

Liquid Ross

Forum Member
havent seen the news recently but that caught bits n bobs of what is going on ... dont really know the ins and outs so forgive my ignorence ... BUT .. if some one had asked me two years ago about the Next US target .. I WOULD HAVE PUT MONEY ON THE USA INVADING IRAN NEXT .. mainly cos after Afgan and Iraq .. it seems the next logical port of call ... because of their oil reserves ...

there is always a reason for the USA to invade ... how strange ??

but no one is invading the USA because she has a massive nuclear arms collection, the ability to use them and the most aggressive foreign policy known to recent times ...

but with the USA is without spiritual or ethical values is seems .. so i doubt there a God whose name they would attack in ..

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
RedZebra said:
A more likely instigator of air strikes may well be Israel...

They did it once before, din't they? In the 80's?

Must research before I post, must research before I post......

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
OK, my failing memory - Israel took out Iraq's nuclear reactor in June 1981 in a pre-emptive strike.

Guess they have the same reasons to want to do the same to Iran's now.

D

dave arc-i

yes they took out the iraqi reactor at osirik in the summer of 1981

D

dave arc-i

ok try this one - quote from http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/lweinstein/060115 here

Ahmadinejad seems to have the conviction that preparation for the Mahdi is necessary. He seems to believe that abiding by the spirit of the Islamic Revolution is a way to hasten the Mahdi's return. If in the twisted mind of Ahmadinejad, the thought becomes that attacking the West or Israel with nuclear weapons killing non-believers would allow Iran to become more pure and thus hasten the return of the Mahdi, is there any doubt that Ahmadinejad would follow through? Shaul Bakhash, an Iranian scholar at the George Mason University, states that Ahmadinejad speaks, "from personal conviction." A frightening thought indeed.

and here is the quote with a few names changed

george bsuh seems to have the conviction that preparation for the son of christ is necessary. He seems to believe that abiding by the spirit of the neo-conservatives is a way to hasten the christs return. If in the twisted mind of bush, the thought becomes that attacking the middle east or korea with nuclear weapons killing non-believers would allow the US to become more pure and thus hasten the return of the christ, is there any doubt that bush would follow through? joe bloggs, an english scholar at the George Mason University, states that bush speaks, "from personal conviction." A frightening thought indeed.

spooky huh?

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
Fookin' nutcases, the lot of 'em.

But they can't help it. They've all been brainwashed from birth and infected with the "virus of faith".

Rhino Plasti

Sailing the Brixton Seas
Warwick Bassmonkey said:
Fookin' nutcases, the lot of 'em.

But they can't help it. They've all been brainwashed from birth and infected with the "virus of faith".

I genuinely wish it was all about faith.
America has had its beedy eyes on middle east since WWII.
It has invested in nearly every country there in one way or another causing wars between each other, and generally keeping the unrest at a near critical level in some places.

Religion is a great shield if your in politics. It confirms your faith as a god fearing hood wearing clansman. I think the opnly thing GWB fears is Daddies dissapointing look when Iraq goes pair shaped.

Michael

comfortable middle class disco botherer
PICK UP THE GUN

listen mister i don't want no trouble,i just come into town to pick up some gingem for my wife and kids

I SAID PICK UP THE GUN

'see mister i really don't want any trouble i....i...am not looking for any trouble seriousl....I SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIID PICK UUUUUUUUUUP THE GUN

o-o-k mister

(gunshots)

YOU SAW HIM.....HE HAD A GUN

RedZebra

dave arc-i said:
yes they took out the iraqi reactor at osirik in the summer of 1981

fuckin' ell. Didn;t know that.
There' details here.
So Israel bombed a nuclear waste storage facility?
Then 10 years later the US bombed it again!
Bloody brilliant. That's gotta be good for the environment.

rcain

good post mr arci, they are as u say spookily similar.... and we r all just collateral damage as per f*cking usual.... i would like to seek politcal asylum on a different planet, preferably 1 lacking heavy metal